Secondary seat for ex husband

nevaehsmommy

My sis is needing to purchase a seat for her daughter. Baby is a peanut. She will be nine months tommorow. She is 3% for weight and 21% for height. Currently in a 2003 snugride. It expires in Nov. She has the safety 1st 3-1 for when baby grows a little more. Still just a tad to short. Can not get harness tight enough...

I was thinking bucket seat so that it can be moved easily and fail proof-inly between soon to be ex and MIL car.

Mom is on board with getting another bucket as long as it is taller shell then snugride she has now. Baby has about 3 inches above her head. Also the one she has is rear adjust and the harness does not stay snug (as the name inplys) Would be nice if no base is needed....Budget friendly as mom works at a group home.

ADS

nevaehsmommy

Install issues with the scenera. Required a noodle which is fine but then it was over tilted then under tilted. Seat would be moved between two cars. Our younger sister who is playing meadiator to middle sister and her soon to be ex, and then moved back into MIL's car several times a week... But then again for the price of one SS1 you could get two sceneras.... I am pretty could about installing or could have a local tech do it.....

kaysmom

You could maybe also try a Avenue if you have install issues with the Scenera and see how that goes?

If your looking at getting another bucket, and I'm sure you know this, but check out albeebaby.com they have some SS1 for $99.00;)

nevaehsmommy

If your looking at getting another bucket, and I'm sure you know this, but check out albeebaby.com they have some SS1 for $99.00;)

No I did not know that. I have been to concerned about findind a new seat for my daughter who was/is out growing her scenera rear facing. Will check out albeebaby now.

jodibug

Hi Christina.

IMO, I would not buy a bucket seat for a 9mo old baby. It will be outgrown too soon. The Scenera is a good choice since mom is on a budget.

You mentioned having a tech install. I got an email this morning that there will be a seat check event on June 13th, just North of Columbia (Prathersville Rd area), or I would be happy to meet up with you some other time when I am in Columbia.

nevaehsmommy

Hi jodi bug.....

I was hoping you would respond. If you want to meet up that would be great. Perhaps you could help me install the true fit that is being delivered to the farm while I am in town today.
I know where prathersville rd is. Where would they be holding the check at a gas station? Nothing really out there....

I will most likley end up buying the seat for DN. We dont have avenues around here. My other thought was another True fit if it fits her well. I will try her in Nevaehs when I see her next. I tried her in the EFTA but I am afraid again of install issues (read: ignorance, failure to read manueal, pressed for time, not ure what "right install" is ) anyway. Two seats WOULD be better then one passed between two cars if they would keep them in the car and not mess with them....

queento4kings

Hi Christina.

IMO, I would not buy a bucket seat for a 9mo old baby. It will be outgrown too soon. The Scenera is a good choice since mom is on a budget.

You mentioned having a tech install. I got an email this morning that there will be a seat check event on June 13th, just North of Columbia (Prathersville Rd area), or I would be happy to meet up with you some other time when I am in Columbia.

Thanks so much from telling us about the check in Columbia...I live an 45 min from Columbia and I would love to get all of my seats checked again!

April

The only thing that would concern me with the True Fit is if they aren't going to follow the instructions, she might end up riding around with one side of the harness loose and the other tight, because of the continuous loop.

jodibug

Hi jodi bug.....

I was hoping you would respond. If you want to meet up that would be great. Perhaps you could help me install the true fit that is being delivered to the farm while I am in town today.

I had a TF in January and it was a pretty quick and easy install.

I will PM you.

jujumum

For an inexpensive, easy to install seat, my favorite is the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe, albeebaby.com $109 delivered, Aug 07 DOM. I don't think that a bucket would be a good investment either. :thumbsup:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC