car seat swap?

horseymom

I can get onto the forum but I'm not allowed to read any of the posts? How can I get to read them? <swap content removed by moderator due to forum's Swap policy and access guidelines as stated at http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=38149>

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Moved to Announcements and Feedback and flagged for Admin. I believe you should be able to view Swap threads even if you do not have full Swap access allowing you to start new threads in Swap. Swap guidelines and access for posting new threads in Swap are in this Admin post at http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=38149

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
You should be able to read threads as long as you are registered. I'll check it out a bit later to make sure it is setup and working correctly.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The settings look OK and I double checked with a test account. Anyone who is a registered member that has their email confirmed and account approved should be able to read Carseat Swap and Swap-O-Rama threads and posts. Of course, you cannot start a new thread without meeting the requirements listed in the announcement or sticky threads.

If you are logged in and cannot read Swap, it could be a cookie issue. Are you having trouble seeing posts in any other forums?

nevaehsmommy

I to have been having problems. Will let me read the threads but when I go to reply or start a thread it tells me I do not have "privilages" It takes 2 or 3 times to be able to get in/reply.

Ha been acting up on all shopping/deals come to think of it.

This is what I get

"nevaehsmommy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out"

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
This may seem like a stupid question and if so, I apologize, but DO you have access to post in that forum? You don't seem to meet the guidelines as linked above. If I am misunderstanding and you are supposed to have access, again, I apologize.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
You should be able to reply to a post to express interest in buying from the OP. You will not be able to post a new thread unless you meet the requirements listed in the announcement/sticky threads, however. This is only in the Swap forums. The main Shopping and Stroller forums have no restrictions, so the problem is likely to be cookie related, such that the forum software does not think you are logged in.

I to have been having problems. Will let me read the threads but when I go to reply or start a thread it tells me I do not have "privilages" It takes 2 or 3 times to be able to get in/reply.

Ha been acting up on all shopping/deals come to think of it.

This is what I get

"nevaehsmommy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC