Century Ascend

Maggie

Anyone have one? This is our second seat, so it doesn't get used much. And when it does, it gets put in SO's car. So I don't see it much. I have a Cargo. DD is 3, 34lbs and about 36 inches. She has about 1/2" before she's too tall for the Cargo. (FP SVD is on it's way, should be here within the next few days :D )

I was shocked today when I was installing the new harness straps (the old ones got washed by a relative :rolleyes: ) and put dd in to get the harness set right. She has TONS of room in it! The bottom slot is higher than the top slot on our Cargo!! :eek: I looked for measurements on the carseat data site, but it seems they revamped it and now the option for "old" seats is not there anymore. I was wondering what the slot heights are listed as. I was thinking we'd have to get another higher harnessing seat for SO's car since dd is almost too tall for her Cargo. But this one is definitely MUCH taller and it has 2 years until expiration.

Last edited:
ADS

menfusse

We had one as an extra as well. It makes a lousy booster because it doesn't have an open belt path, but the harness slots are extrememly tall! My dd is over 40 now, so we retired it, but she was still on the lower slots. I had a hard time getting it installed in alot of cars though. I always had to use shelf liner and brute force.

Maggie

I HATE those belt paths! I have yet to find a combo booster that I like as a booster. DD will be going into a Regent when the time comes, so the Ascend will be tossed. I would never want to mess with it in booster mode.

It installs crappy on my leather seats, but installs great in our older suburban with ELR.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Do NOT NOT NOT use that seat in the car.

Submerging straps and using bleach will weaken them.

Call Graco and see if you can get replacement straps for it, since they bought them out.

Otherwise it is no longer good as a harnessed seat.

Susan

Ok---i reread your origonal post. I think you said you got NEW straps---you're not using the old ones right?

Susan

Last edited:

skaterbabs

I think she said she's already replaced the straps.

I was shocked today when I was installing the new harness straps (the old ones got washed by a relative ) and put dd in to get the harness set right.

(emphasis mine.;) )

Maggie

Yes, I was putting the new harness in today when I realized just how tall the slots are. A relative thought they would "help" me when they were using the seat for dd and wash and iron the straps. So I ordered new ones ASAP when they told me that! And the old ones have been cut in half and thrown in the garbage. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC