I think we're all related ;-)

Was wondering whether our shared car-safety-consciousness makes us members of a club or sorority/fraternity kind of thing, and then when I thought about the shared "quirks" in the Car Seat Nerdie thread, it made me think that maybe we're actually related

So, raise your hand if you think you are a "Carseat-Obsessed, Unapologetic, Safety-Inspecting* Nerd" (COUSIN):happy-wavehello:

*I'm using the word "inspecting" in the "unofficially checking out other peoples' car seats/installations" sense, so this acronym can apply to geeks as well as techs

ADS

Jennee

im not there yet but i might be on the road to it.
ive been wanting to take the car seat safety tech course for a couple years now.

menfusse

:happy-wavehello: I totally check out car seats in other peoples cars, and definitely in a bit of a neurotic kind of way. I can't help myself. In fact, around her almost everybody has either one of 3 seats, cuz that's all our local walmart sells. When I see something different, I squeal internally because I know they had to take the time to go somewhere else or shop online for it. Yesterday, I took a shopping cart back to a cart corral on the other end of the parking lot from where I was JUST to check out what I though was a Britax installed in a car. It WAS! It was a boulevard and probably either being used for a too small to ff kid, or just in correctly cuz the straps were just too low to look right FF.

Cryssy Jane

I think I'm getting there. I've become addicted on telling anyone who will listen about ERF, as well as HWH and expiration dates. I tend to go out of my way to make sure other kids are safely secured without being bothersome. I find that majority of people don't listen or don't care but it's still cool beans to take charge. I want to take the CPST course, but the closest one to me is almost a 2 hour drive one way and I wouldn't be able to do that everyday especially with my schedule.

4boysmom

Yep! And I kid you not part of my wanting to homeschool my 7 yo next year (only part not the reason or anything but it is a reason) is I am seriously getting high blood pressure every day as I pick my son up from school and see 5,6,7,8 yos in the front seat with shoulder belts up at their ears with rear seats emoty, kids bouncing around in a moving car or itty bitty siblings forward facing some times in the front seat... And this is more than 50% of the cars I see passing me not the occasional inappropriate use. I can't handle having all that misuse in my face every single day.

NannyMom

:happy-wavehello: I even had someone tell me once that she thought it must be illegal for me to look at the carseats in other people's cars (as in looking in the window when walking past... not glueing my face to a tinted window) :whistle:

myliljunebugs

:happy-wavehello::happy-wavehello::happy-wavehello:

LOL, I actually called my mom today because I saw a lady driving out of a parking lot with a little girl my dd's size in a Regent. :love: That is only the second time I have seen a Britax in this area. And the other is a cousin that bought hers because it is a "cute cover" :rolleyes: Then put her 1 yr old. 21 lb dd FF in it with no tether and I'm not even sure she tightened the belt, I think she just buckled it. But she won't let me help :mad::crying:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:cool!: Howdy, cuz. :) If only some of my actual relatives/cousins were real safety COUSINS because more of them would still be with us. :mad: :eek: :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC