Think I may have made a difference tonight

2BunniesMommy

DH and I were with a group of friends tonight, most of whom we have not seem much of lately. On couple has a 22 month old and a 4 month old. The dad and I were talking about how funny it is that my big chunky almost 7 month old is almost 21 lbs and that their 22 month old is 21 lbs. I saw the chance and took it and asked if he was forward or rear facing.

He said they turned him forward facing as soon as he hit 20lbs (which was well after 1, so that is good.) I told them all the reasons why rear facing is safer, explained that even though the seat says you can turn forward at 20lbs you don't have to, rec. sites for the to look at, the whole nine yards. They were both really receptive to it and sounded like they plan to turn him back around. I hope they follow through with it.

I was nervous to bring it up, you just never know how someone will react...I just couldn't imagine such a little guy forward facing and figured it was worth a try.

ADS

Jennee

i know how you feel about talking to others about car seats.
i know a lady who has a boy who is turning 4 this month. he is taller and heavier then dawson. i asked her if he was still in a car seat or if he was in a booster. she felt that since he is too tall and heavy for his car seat that he is safe in the booster.
i told her dawson is too tall for his but not heavy enough for a booster so we have to get a bigger seat and that he will probably stay in it until hes around 5 years old or 52 inches tall.

2BunniesMommy

Well, I got an email from the mom and she told me he is back to rear facing and that he is happy about it and loving having the view out of the whole back window.

Yeah!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC