Question Why is there no click when buckling Britax regent?

doriansmummy

I find it odd that there is no clicking sound to let you know that the tongs are locked in. Is that for all Britax? The Radian makes a click sound.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yep, first buckle is nearly silent, second one should have a quiet but 'positive click' the manual calls it. Can I move this to carseats? ;)

Holly

Does it make one click, or no clicks at all?
I thought they started making a double click buckle about a year ago, but before that it only clicked when the 2nd buckle was inserted?

doriansmummy

Okay I buckled him in this time sitting in the back seat and I do hear a faint click, wish it was louder like the Radian so I could hear it in the front seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You can buy a new harness with the new double click buckle if you just find yourself unable to get used to this. But you might adapt for free, lol. (Oh, they used to say the single click was a safety feature, and I had a snarky reply, "For people who can't count to two?")

:)

doriansmummy

You can buy a new harness with the new double click buckle if you just find yourself unable to get used to this. But you might adapt for free, lol. (Oh, they used to say the single click was a safety feature, and I had a snarky reply, "For people who can't count to two?")

:)

Hahaha! I can adjust... I think. I will just have to lean back and double check they are locked. Before I just sat and waited and listened for the click, click. :p

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
When mine got really faint, the rep said to try soaking just the crotch buckle (not the fabric webbing) for about 10-15 minutes in warm (not hot) water. Worked for me. I needed it to make a solid click sound because it was the grandparents' seat & Grandpa, who does the buckling, doesn't hear so well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC