Radian Wider Buckle Tongs

ctbcleveland

My RN is a 2007 model, 33 lb limit.

On SKJP's website, they advertise wider buckle tongs. Would my radian already have them? Or are they not standard on any of the seats?

I find the webbing is a bit wide for my tongs - but don't want to order them if they are the same as what I've already got.

ADS

Pixels

My webbing is just right for the tongs. The webbing doesn't bind, bunch, or want to fold at all. I can take a pic if you want to compare. Mine is a Sept 2008 DOM, a "new" one. Wider tongs weren't one of the new features they told us about, but I think I got them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They phased them in in 2007, so you may well have the old style... Here they are side by side, but not on the harness, so not too too helpful, but if yours are little and more horizontal, they are probably old http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Pictures#5333504971538075234 The new ones are bigger and more angled and there's definitely no creasing of the webbing inside them.

Ah, picture in action... http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/joolstag/?action=view&current=DSC00303.jpg old style, you can see the creasing is pretty bad... and new style is fitting perfectly... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5122680189267541314

Pixels

P1010271.JPG

P1010272.JPG

ctbcleveland

Thank you so much for posting the pictures!!!! I definitely have an old style clip. Julie - I assume you don't have to get a new (longer) crotch strap too?

I am planning to order one anyway, just curious for others reading this post.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, you don't *have* to get a long one with the new tongs, I just had a hankering for new stuff. If you like the shorter one, then don't bother getting a longer one :)

PS, did you catch the cute baby hand in pixels pic? lol, too adorable!

Pixels

LOL I guess she's been missing her Radian. I've had it in the trunk of my car just to keep it out of the way. I pulled it out, and she wouldn't leave it alone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC