Huge thumbs up for my pediatrician

daniele_ut

DD had her 15 month appointment today and when I filled out he questionaire that they give you I answered the "Does your child use a car seat" question "Yes, rear facing". When he looked at it and read that back to me he looked at her stats and said "At 15 months and 17 lbs she'll need to be rear facing for a good long time yet. In fact, they are now recommending you leave them rearfacing for as long as they'll tolerate it. As long as possible, really." I told him how glad I was to hear him say that and that DS was over 2.5 when we turned him FF. To be honest, I was surprised because my ped is getting close to retirement and I assumed he might not be up on the recent issues of the Journal of the AAP, but I was wrong. :thumbsup:

As an aside, the last 3 pics in this album show dd in her KeyFit30 2 days ago at 15 months, 17 lbs 3 oz and 29.5" Don't mind the grouchy face:

http://picasaweb.google.com/daniele72/CadenceInKeyfit30?authkey=Gv1sRgCL20gu-BtsnNdQ&feat=directlink

ADS

Shaunam

Awww, that's not a grouchy face, it's an adorable face! LOL It looks like she's *trying* to be grouchy, and she only managed to be cute. :p

Good for your pedi!

featherhead

Wow, I looked at your pics... I keep getting reminded that my dd must be big! She is four weeks old, too heavy for the infant insert, but she's at the second slots without the insert!

zeo2ski

That's great that your ped is up on that. I hope he's telling all parents too.

And she is oh so cute!

winterlights08

That's great! :thumbsup: We had our 15 month check yesterday and was asked "Is she in a forward facing car seat?" DH says that this was just a nice way of asking "Is she in a car seat (at all)?" When I told her she was still rf, I think she wanted to bite her tongue. She says awkwardly, "Well if you can...it's for the best." This is the same doctor who at the 12 month check really made it a point to let me know that it was indeed safe to turn her around at that point. Of course on my way out I kicked myself for not making mention of the new AAP recommendations. And I'm definitely not turning her yet because she's in the 50% for weight and 95% for head circumference :ROTFLMAO: She probably thinks I'm a nut job, my daughter isn't sleeping through the night and she isn't drinking whole milk (she's still nursing and she doesn't like cows milk!). What's the rush anyway, she's still a baby!!! :mad::thumbsdown:

NannyMom

great ped :thumbsup:

I met with a Mom last night who has her 1/5 year old FF. She's itty bitty :( I told her she'd be 5 times safer RF and she said that's what her ped says everytime they see him.

ChristyH

Aww, what a cutie! Sounds like you have a little peanut on your hands like me. We had our 12month check up a few days ago and DD is 27" and 16lbs and still on the second slot of her Keyfit also. Our Ped too was thrilled to hear we are still RFing and plan to RF to the top height and weight of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC