Top Harness Slots for Evenflo - Titan Elite Convertible Car Seat

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
VERY low, about 15 inches. It is NOT a 50 lb seat..most kids outgrow it by height around 28-40 pounds, or 2.5-3.5 years old. The value on it is extremely poor, when you can get something like the triumph advance on sale for about $15 more, with 17 inch top slots and a real 50 lb limit. Or, for abotu $20 LESS the avenue,which has 16 inch top slots with a 40 lb limit, but with the high top slots, you'll actually GET to 40 in it.

babygirlsmom1005

VERY low, about 15 inches. It is NOT a 50 lb seat..most kids outgrow it by height around 28-40 pounds, or 2.5-3.5 years old. The value on it is extremely poor, when you can get something like the triumph advance on sale for about $15 more, with 17 inch top slots and a real 50 lb limit. Or, for abotu $20 LESS the avenue,which has 16 inch top slots with a 40 lb limit, but with the high top slots, you'll actually GET to 40 in it.

Thanks, in the search for a 2nd seat, mostly for when DD goes to grandparents and to trasport a friends child with us....that one will not work at all. Who makes the avenue?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The avenue is made by safety 1st ( dorel) they are only carried in store at sears and kmart, I believe, and their poor cousin, LOL, the uptown is carried at big lots (same seat, but more foam, uglier cover, and cheaper, $65 versus $80)

What are the torso heights/sizes/weights of the kids this sest will be used for? 3.5 year olds? thr tricky thing abotu that age is that you get the tiny ones who can fit into almost any seat,the regular ones who are otugrowing some seat but not others, and the big ones who are outgrowing most everythign exceot a high weight seat....what size kids are we talking about?
I assume the main criteria are price, how heavy and easily installed it is? anything else?

babygirlsmom1005

The avenue is made by safety 1st ( dorel) they are only carried in store at sears and kmart, I believe, and their poor cousin, LOL, the uptown is carried at big lots (same seat, but more foam, uglier cover, and cheaper, $65 versus $80)

What are the torso heights/sizes/weights of the kids this sest will be used for? 3.5 year olds? thr tricky thing abotu that age is that you get the tiny ones who can fit into almost any seat,the regular ones who are otugrowing some seat but not others, and the big ones who are outgrowing most everythign exceot a high weight seat....what size kids are we talking about?
I assume the main criteria are price, how heavy and easily installed it is? anything else?

My DD is 31 lbs (give or take a few lbs, she's been up to 35 lbs and back down to 28 lbs, she has weight issues) and 39 inches tall with a 14-15 inch torso. Her friend is 34 lbs and I know about a 1/2 shorter than her, don't know his torso height. Yeah looking at install 3rd row in surburban and ease of install as well (since this one will be moved to grandparents tahoe so I don't have to move the Recaro since it's a beast), price is a factor due to DH.....if it was up to me, I'd get a pair of frontiers and be done with it, but he said no to a frontier as a 2nd seat and Madeline didn't like the GN and looked squished in it (funny since she loves the Como, she complained about the GN)

Mommy0608

If these are for FF use only, what about the Apex 65 (assuming there are headrests), or perhaps Cargo or Chase? I don't know the top slot measurement for any of these, but they've got to be better than the Titan Elite. If you don't need it for RF use, there's no need to get a convertible. :twocents:

babygirlsmom1005

If these are for FF use only, what about the Apex 65 (assuming there are headrests), or perhaps Cargo or Chase? I don't know the top slot measurement for any of these, but they've got to be better than the Titan Elite. If you don't need it for RF use, there's no need to get a convertible. :twocents:

Don't need RF'ing at this point and Apex won't work due to bench seats with no headrests. I wish the Apex didn't need the high seats or this wouldn't be a issue at all, I would get one of those.

NannyMom

I think the Graco Cargo and Evenflo CHase are good suggestions. I believe they both have top slots around 17 inches.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ya,a nice combo seat might be anice option...but with both girls so close to 40, I'm hesitant to recommend a 40 lb seat at ALL. so, the options become apex and nauti for combo seats. Have you checked out the apex? Its actually nice, but the top portion of teh headrest of the shell isn't reinforced, so there must be actual vehicle seat behind the childs head forsupport. So, taller seat backs, seatbacks with headrests, captains chairs, etc are all acceptable. short bench seatbacks with no headrest are not going to provide the support needed though. But it is $85 at big lots,and sometimes online.

the nauti really is a great seat..I do find it odd..did the you have the nauti adjusted approproately? Wen the headrest is all the way down,the seat is very small, but adjusted up high,I can't imagine a 30 pound girl would be squished....my 40+ lb 4.5 yo dd loves it....maybe it just enfolds her differently than the como, so it felt odd, but she would "get used" to it? *shrug* lol.

babygirlsmom1005

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of her in the GN, played with it at Target, just not much shoulder room with it (plus it's more than I would prefer to spend for a 2nd seat), I wish the Apex would work, but bench seats with no headrests....the girl is all legs LOL

tn.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So do you need 2 seats? Or just 1?
i would look at the evenflo triumph advance, on sale here for $122 shipped
http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Trium..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EMDWXY00K4YCP3VCYD2

even though its a convertible, it's also a good FFing seat,with high top slots and a 50 lb limit, for relatively cheap.

or else, try the nauti again...(sometimes a little bribe goes a long way, lol....)

The onyl other good option I can think of for cheap is this seat herehttp://www.albeebaby.com/safety-1st-alpha-omega-convertible-car-seat-in-bse.html

It is a 50 lb alpha omega,and has 17.5 top slots,and a 50 lb limit, and they discontinued it, so it is uber cheap right now if you can get one somewhere (some TRU's and BRU and possibly costco have them in store, if there are any left)

babygirlsmom1005

So do you need 2 seats? Or just 1?
i would look at the evenflo triumph advance, on sale here for $122 shipped
http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Trium..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EMDWXY00K4YCP3VCYD2

even though its a convertible, it's also a good FFing seat,with high top slots and a 50 lb limit, for relatively cheap.

or else, try the nauti again...(sometimes a little bribe goes a long way, lol....)

The onyl other good option I can think of for cheap is this seat herehttp://www.albeebaby.com/safety-1st-alpha-omega-convertible-car-seat-in-bse.html

It is a 50 lb alpha omega,and has 17.5 top slots,and a 50 lb limit, and they discontinued it, so it is uber cheap right now if you can get one somewhere (some TRU's and BRU and possibly costco have them in store, if there are any left)

WOW they already discontinued the AO 50 lbs seat???? That was quick!!!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
here is a pic of dd in the seat., on the next higher slots....do you see what i mean about as the headrest gets moved up, it "opens up"some shoulder room? Also..the way the seat wraps around the body is just like a bucket sesat or captains chair...which are generally comfortable....

IMG_1067.jpg

babygirlsmom1005

here is a pic of dd in the seat., on the next higher slots....do you see what i mean about as the headrest gets moved up, it "opens up"some shoulder room? Also..the way the seat wraps around the body is just like a bucket sesat or captains chair...which are generally comfortable....

IMG_1067.jpg

OK so that inner padding around the sholders can be removed?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The inner padding MUST be removed when teh child is on anything other than the bottom slots. And any child who would fit the bottom slots should absolutely be rearfacing, such that essentially, the "infant insert" is a worthless piece of fabric that comes with the seat. It pads a stroller nicely though..lol...

babygirlsmom1005

The inner padding MUST be removed when teh child is on anything other than the bottom slots. And any child who would fit the bottom slots should absolutely be rearfacing, such that essentially, the "infant insert" is a worthless piece of fabric that comes with the seat. It pads a stroller nicely though..lol...

OK good to know, I just played with it in target, so maybe with those pads removed she would like it better. I still have to make sure it'll fit 100% onto the seat, I guess we'll be making a trip to BRU to play with one to make sure it'll install properly.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
OK good to know, I just played with it in target, so maybe with those pads removed she would like it better. I still have to make sure it'll fit 100% onto the seat, I guess we'll be making a trip to BRU to play with one to make sure it'll install properly.

the nauti installs virtually everywhere very easily....one of the easiest seats ever :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC