Question Need help deciding Britax cover for son with Eczema.

mom2threeboys

Hi everyone!

I am trying to buy a Britax Boulevard before the sale ends Sat. I thought I knew exactly which cover I wanted ( The Onyx) and then the sale associate tried to talk me out of it. She told me that because my son has eczema that I need the plush covers and that they were 100% cotton ( which is Not true ). But she said that mom's have complained that the onyx seat irritates eczema and they have to sit the baby on towels.

I don't care if it is the Boulevard CS or just the reg Boulevard. I am not at all impressed with the CS and want it tighter then when it clicks. We live in Texas so it will get HOT. My son already sweats his tush off in his Chico key fit. So Eczema and the heat are my biggest worries.

Here are the seat covers I have to choose from.

Riviera at Babies R US ( although Im not sure if they will price match the sale yet)

Davenport
Barrington
Onyx.

I am in love with the cowmooflage but DH said No and he wants it to match the car ( Black interior). He hates the cover..bummer.

Thanks so much for any help! ;)

Elisha

ADS

all together ooky

I'd stay away from the Onyx (it's the slick feeling one, right? Or am I getting that confused with platinum?). Any of the plush ones are pretty good. My daughter has eczema and hasn't complained of her Granite (dark grey)one being hot or sticky.

If it's a really big concern you may want to look at the New Denim Marathon (cotton cover).

jujumum

I think soft plush would be better than the Onyx. I think the other two are both plush.:)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
When my DD was small, I kept crackable cold packs (like for sports injuries) & an extra blanket or towel in the car to keep the seat cool between errands -- crack & shake the cold pack, drop it in the carseat & cover the carseat with the blanket or towel. If she was especially fussy/moody to the point that it was quite distracting for me as the driver, I sometimes used the blanket as a window shade for her, too.

She has mild eczema that is completely under control just by eliminating dairy (even minute amount of dairy ingredient) from her diet. Soy also triggers eczema. Just another factor to consider, if you haven't already :)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I live in TX as well and it's hot! I'm not a huge fan of the plush covers here in TX. Both of my kids the MA in new denim. Not all that exciting but it was not the fuzzy push covers that imo would cause major sweating or the material of the onyx type covers.

mom2threeboys

Thanks everyone. I actually called Britax and the confirmed that they have had many complaints about the onyx cover irritating eczema. The recommended the Hunnington or Barrington. I just wish I liked those covers better. I am considering ordering the Aqua but Im worried about that fabric too. I actually loved the truefit but it did not fit in our car as well as the boulevard. And I thought the latch on the boulevard was much easier.

papooses, thank you for the suggestion. His eczema is environmental related. It started getting worse when he started crawling. Soaps, and lotions also trigger it. He is breastfeed and I did a whole elimination diet for myself with no luck on it getting better. Oh and I have made my kids carseat coolers. They are great. I just roll them up freeze them and take them with me to run errands. I put them on the seat when we are out of the car..they come off before the kids get buckled in.:)

Elisha

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC