Question Frontier - fit difference in house vs. installed

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We're flying to Vancouver tomorrow and dd will be using one of Quassee's seats which will already be installed when we're picked up at the airport. I sat her in a Frontier at work and she's almost even with the 3rd highest harness position in store. I know the amount of growing room that she typically loses once seats are installed in my vehicle, but haven't seen with the Frontier - or an Ody, to know how much change there is between house fit vs. vehicle fit.

Can anyone help me? I know there are a few ody owners and lots of frontier owners and hopefully somebody may know. I'm thinking since she's almost even with that position that it's best to have her 2nd highest so that she doesn't end up above the straps when she sits in it installed, but I just wanted to double check. If it ends up that the growing room won't change much when it's installed in an ody then it would be better to leave them one lower. :thumbsup:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I'd go with the higher notch. I'd know off the top of my head if I weren't using it primarily as a booster all this time, lol. :D

MOM25BOYS

Don't have an Oddy, but DS2 was just under the next to top slots on the Frontier when I tried him in it in the house. When I went to install it in my suv it bumped him up enough that he was a smidge over the slot and needed to be moved to the top position.;) Hope this helps and have a safe trip.:D

SGTex

Yes I'd go with the higher one. I never tried my DD in the house with it, but tried DS non-installed and he was below the top slots and and installed in my 06 Ody he is over the top slots.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks guys, that's what I figured and I had pretty much decided to err on the side of just using the upper slots, but thought I'd ask just in case the Ody was one of those rare vehicles that you actually gained growing room. :thumbsup:

Off to the airport very soon. We're using CARES on the plane so we'll see what the kids think of that. :cool:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Uh...maybe it's just me,but I can adjust my frontier while it's installed?? Down is harder, if the seat is resally pushed back against the seat, but pulling it UP is really easy...and of course,it's not like you have to retherad the harness or anything....I'd put it on the 3rd fromtop, and if it turns out you need to move it up,you *should* be able to just pull it up one more notch,right?? Can other people not do this in their cars?

Mama Jo

Uh...maybe it's just me,but I can adjust my frontier while it's installed?? Down is harder, if the seat is resally pushed back against the seat, but pulling it UP is really easy...and of course,it's not like you have to retherad the harness or anything....I'd put it on the 3rd fromtop, and if it turns out you need to move it up,you *should* be able to just pull it up one more notch,right?? Can other people not do this in their cars?

I can, but only if I recline the seatback first.

Splash

You should be able to bring it up fairly easily as long as you recline the back a smidge.

Was it already in recline mode when you tried it on her? Because that eats up a lot of room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC