S/O of big baby thread...frontier, nauti and AOE comparison pics.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Sorry, the sun was coming in through the window, but here are pics..all taken same day, a month or so ago. The top slots on the frontier and AOE were virtually identical, the nauti was about an inch higher than both of them.

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

ADS
Great pics! I had decided on getting a frontier but now after seeing your pics maybe I should get the nautilus, since it looks to have more growing room left in the harness.

Which do you like better?

Thanks, Jamie

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool pics :thumbsup:

Did you actually measure the slots, though? The butt heights can make a difference in the actual height :eek: Funny how some kids have more growing room in the FR than the GN, isn't it? http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=55415

Yes, Jennee, lately the Alpha Omega/Elite (and all it's clones) go to 50 pounds with the harness and you can actually use the top headrest position with the harness (used to be it was for booster use only), so the seat is really nice and tall now :thumbsup:

zeo2ski

Great pics! I had decided on getting a frontier but now after seeing your pics maybe I should get the nautilus, since it looks to have more growing room left in the harness.

Which do you like better?

Thanks, Jamie

You may want to sit your kiddo in both (in your vehicle) and see what actually gives you more room. It also depends how wide the child is. I was surprised to see my 2.75 y.o.'s shoulders are already tight in the Nauti--and I've never considered him to be broad shouldered by any means. Plenty of room in the Frontier though. It's so totally dependent on YOUR kid and YOUR vehicle as to which will actually last longer.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yes to what zeo and jools said. it really depends on your childand your vehicle, so trying the seats for yourself is best.
I have done measurements, but honestly, found those to be less reliable than the pics of how much room is left...as you can see, she has abotu the same in the aoe and frontier, and a lot morein the nauti.
However, going by straight number,the nauti and frontier are almost the same height, and the aoe is a good inch lower.
I think the main reason the aoe and frontier give the same room in use is that the recline block on the frontier really eats up the harness height, whereas the aoe installs really upright and "gains" you harness height. I've found almost a half inch difference in the nauti installed in teh same position with versus without recline. *shrug*
And then you add in the gravitationla pull of the moon and butterflies flapping their wings in Asia and it gets really complicated......LOL.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC