OH MY GOSH, look at this!

ADS

MelllieMa

HOly..... not what I expected to see!
That was MY kids' carseat. It was in my mom's car when the car got stolen in July. Wierd. A little link to a THIEF!!!!!
Aarrrgh!

lovinwaves

That was MY kids' carseat. It was in my mom's car when the car got stolen in July. Wierd. A little link to a THIEF!!!!!
Aarrrgh!

How do you know for sure it was your seat. Do you have the serial numbers to it. I could email her and ask her for the numbers, because I am looking them up to make sure the seat wasn't under any kind of recall. It's worth a try!

It just makes me want to sing "It's a small world after all....." :p

lovinwaves

Aarrrgh!

You aren't missing any other seats are you...like say a Roundabout???

MelllieMa

ROFL, no, my Roundabout was gifted to a friend when my kiddo outgrew it last month.
My king had those same markings, worn blue fabric on the one side only, stains on the straps... I was 90% or more sure it was mine when I was looking at it. Of course, many were made, but that particular print wasn't easy to find-- I got mine in NY.
I actually emailed the seller immediately, and innocently (unless somehow my email addy was in the car somewhere?) asked how old it was, how far from downtown she was since I work downtown, etc. Curious to see if I get any response. You could email her, too, though, and let her think she'll have a bidding war on her hands! (actually, this may work since my x may have been involved in the theft and he does know my email... hmm... )
I had it registered with Britax, wonder if they'd release the serial numbers (or if the registration ever got recorded properly by them)

lovinwaves

ROFL, no, my Roundabout was gifted to a friend when my kiddo outgrew it last month.
My king had those same markings, worn blue fabric on the one side only, stains on the straps... I was 90% or more sure it was mine when I was looking at it. Of course, many were made, but that particular print wasn't easy to find-- I got mine in NY.
I actually emailed the seller immediately, and innocently (unless somehow my email addy was in the car somewhere?) asked how old it was, how far from downtown she was since I work downtown, etc. Curious to see if I get any response. You could email her, too, though, and let her think she'll have a bidding war on her hands! (actually, this may work since my x may have been involved in the theft and he does know my email... hmm... )
I had it registered with Britax, wonder if they'd release the serial numbers (or if the registration ever got recorded properly by them)

Ok, I will go to work for you. I am really curious myself.
The reason I asked about the roundabout was because here is a link to the other seat they are selling....http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bab/230435784.html

MelllieMa

awesome, thanks!
And that Roundabout... eeeeewwwww! S C A R Y !
Wow... my wheels are absolutely spinning with all of this!

Morganthe

Note to self: Always take pictures of items for sale AFTER laundry :p

sorry, couldn't resist.

If that turns out to be your old carseat, you might contact the police to investigate how she obtained it. She might have knowledge about the theft behind your mom's car. Plus, even if she did pay for it, she'd have to turn it over. Can't keep stolen property.

Don't forget, you can always register under Yahoo or Hotmail for a different email addy for free if you're worried about being identified if you contact the lister :)

good luck.

lovinwaves

Ok, I have Serial Number/MFg Date andrestraintmodel#!!!!!:D

MellieMae, Iam going to pm you with the info. Hopefully you can call Britax to get your serial number from them to match it up!:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC