which booster is better jane indy, or Parkway

If I can even find a parkway, I might get the one in car seat swap if someone doesn't grab it before me (I am in line lol) but I also like the sounds of the Jane indy.. what do you all prefire.. boosters are uncharted territory for me!

ADS

scatterbunny

Well...we like the IP better, that's why we're selling the PW. :p But, it really depends on your (and your child's) needs. The PW is more "huggy" and it works way, way better next to other seats than the IP. The IP is less tippy because it's LATCHed, and it's more roomy for bigger, older kids. The IP isn't being sold in the US anymore, IIRC.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The PLUS can be LATCHed in place. There's only one ebay seller selling any of them now, and it's just the Indy, I think, and they are all about 2+ years old by now. Parkway's also discontinued.

How about looking at the Sunshine Kids Monterey or Recaro Vivo, they are nice in different ways from the Jane or PW, but at least they are readily available and fresh from the factory :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the Vivo is a *really* nice booster. I am not fond of their convertible seats or their customer service, but their boosters are top notch (and not much to go wrong with them to have to deal with customer service, lol).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Check out my thread.

I have the Vivo and like it. it is sturdy and holds the lap belt on the lap, even though the pic doesn't really show it.

and now Graco turbo booster and the compass high back booster are not great right? do I not bother with those?

I am trying to let her choose one she likes cause she has been in her harness all this time, and I know kids have teased her about it, she is a brave kid and knows to take it with a grain of salt, and that never stoped us from doing what was safest for her, but now that she is getting a booster (she is just about too tall for her radian harness) I want to make sure it is one she will feel cool in too.. (does that make sense) and I know she loved the turbobooster but I don't think it has enough sip.. what do you all think? would you put your kid in turbobooster or compass hbb?

scatterbunny

H was in a Compass for quite awhile, mostly as a secondary seat because I wasn't entirely comfy with her in it full-time because of the lack of wings. It tends to position the lapbelt too high on many kids, as well (but bigger kids outgrowing the taller HWH seats shouldn't have an issue, I wouldn't think). I like the Turbo for little kids, mainly. I think bigger kids (outgrowing a Radian) are going to find the Turbo less comfortable compared to a Parkway, Indy, Vivo, or Monterey.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
and now Graco turbo booster and the compass high back booster are not great right? do I not bother with those?

I am trying to let her choose one she likes cause she has been in her harness all this time, and I know kids have teased her about it, she is a brave kid and knows to take it with a grain of salt, and that never stoped us from doing what was safest for her, but now that she is getting a booster (she is just about too tall for her radian harness) I want to make sure it is one she will feel cool in too.. (does that make sense) and I know she loved the turbobooster but I don't think it has enough sip.. what do you all think? would you put your kid in turbobooster or compass hbb?

The Turbobooster is a fine seat. I'd use it if it fit well -- and it does fit a lot of kids well.

I have a Compass B510. I'm comfortable using it because it fits my daughter well. It doesn't fit all kids well.

I might end up doing turbobooster, just to try it size wise... she would be so thrilled if I let her get that, and she has been so big about the 5 pt harness thing even though she has been teased and even told she could not join the neighbor kids to the movies cause the mom didn't want to deal with me installing a car seat for Julianna.. I mean she has been treated pretty poorly for the car seat thing, I think she desearves to pick her own booster with in limits?

Do you all think I should just put my foot down and make her get a sunshine kids monteray (I am worried it wont fit three across in my passat when I need to do that though.. so I think that one is actually out..)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Or if you have a three-across issue, see if there are any PW's for sale in the swap forum...that's about the only booster that's remotely easy to buckle next to other seats...

SGTex

Hopefully that parkway will work for you. Just for an opinion on boosters - we have the Recaro Vivo that we really like. My DS prefers it over a Turbo-booster by far and he does prefer it over the parkway also, but he's probably a bit bigger than your DD and he's not really narrow. I have tried my DD in all of them also and I prefer her in the Parkway b/c she's much narrower than my DS. The Recaro fits her just as nicely also and the parkway not at all. Also my DS at 53" tall is on the top position for the Turbo-booster (he's just over the top slots on the Radian) so she probably won't have a lot of growing room - height wise in the Turbo.

Good luck with your decision!

BW1426

I might end up doing turbobooster, just to try it size wise... she would be so thrilled if I let her get that, and she has been so big about the 5 pt harness thing even though she has been teased and even told she could not join the neighbor kids to the movies cause the mom didn't want to deal with me installing a car seat for Julianna.. I mean she has been treated pretty poorly for the car seat thing, I think she desearves to pick her own booster with in limits?

That's horrible :( I'm sorry your DD was put through that. That makes me sad :(

We got the Parkway... she is very excited, I showed her the pics, and I thought maybe she would want to get a tiffany cover for it, but she LOVES the royal purple, and she is thrilled, it has about 4.5 years left before it expires. She will be 7 in Aug, I told her we would start booster training, I will let her use it on the ride home from school, then on her 7th birthday I promised she could go into it full time. That should get her to what?11 years old.. she is a larger for her age kid.. not huge but she is bigger than most kids in her class.

keri1292

... and she has been so big about the 5 pt harness thing even though she has been teased and even told she could not join the neighbor kids to the movies cause the mom didn't want to deal with me installing a car seat for Julianna.

Wow. How did you supress your mama tiger instinct? I would have a very hard time being civil to that mother. :thumbsdown:

Hope she likes her new seat. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC