Cargo nets/cages for SUVs

U

Unregistered

I have an Acura MDX and after doing more research I really want to find a way to travel more safely.

I am concerned with cargo. I like the space this car allows and all of it's other safety features. Acura has a cargo net available that extends to the roof behind the second row seats for lightweight objects. I plan to get one, but I'm wondering if there is anything even better out there?

And what do I do with suitcases, strollers, etc.? I saw something about bungee cords but what do I attach these to to keep these items secure?

Thanks for any help!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Not much to tell you-

I use cargo nets and bungee cords. I attach the bungees to cargo hooks or tether anchors (ones not used by carseats). Some companies have cages as accessories- they get bolted inside the vehicle usually for pets. These would work quite well if Acura has one, I know Subaru does for some models.

I've heard of some upcoming products for this, but don't have any links to offer you at this time, sorry!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC