Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Cargo nets/cages for SUVs

I have an Acura MDX and after doing more research I really want to find a way to travel more safely.

I am concerned with cargo. I like the space this car allows and all of it's other safety features. Acura has a cargo net available that extends to the roof behind the second row seats for lightweight objects. I plan to get one, but I'm wondering if there is anything even better out there?

And what do I do with suitcases, strollers, etc.? I saw something about bungee cords but what do I attach these to to keep these items secure?

Thanks for any help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Not much to tell you-

I use cargo nets and bungee cords. I attach the bungees to cargo hooks or tether anchors (ones not used by carseats). Some companies have cages as accessories- they get bolted inside the vehicle usually for pets. These would work quite well if Acura has one, I know Subaru does for some models.

I've heard of some upcoming products for this, but don't have any links to offer you at this time, sorry!