Question Is the True Fit a good pick for her?

Joyofbirth

A couple months back, I tried my dds in a true fit in targetand took pics fort fun. Now that we are looking for a new seat for dd2, I'm thinking of getting one. But I'm wondering if she has enough growing room to last. Is she tall for 2y9m? Will this seat last her very long? How does she look in it? I'm sorry to keep obsessing over this, but I have to make the right choice this time. Thanks for any opinions.

Last edited:
ADS

Joyofbirth

She's forward-facing. She's 32 pounds. She has some anxiety issues (in general) and I have tried to return her to RFing and it hasn't worked. Since the TF is a 35 pound seat, we have talked about RFing again and she said she wants to try. I doubt it will work out.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Have you thought about getting a Nautilus instead? She fits great in the TF and has room to grow, just thinking the Nauti will last longer.

Blondie87

Yeah Nautilus would be a better choice... no need to get a convertible when you are no longer rear facing. :)

mcomommy

It is a great seat and she does have plenty of room in it but I agree with the pp on maybe getting a Nautilus/Frontier instead.

Joyofbirth

Sorry, I should have explained. We had the Nautilus for her, but it gave her a bruise on her back. I've thought of getting her a Daisy Nautilus, but if we have the same problem, we cannot get another refund. My dh said to not even try the Nauti again. We are going with a Regent for my older dd. I will try to get her in a Frontier and see how it fits. The Regent seems a bit overkill for her, but I'll get some pics to post and see what you guys think. Thanks for the help. Dh wants nothing to do with this.

Maedze

Ah! What about the Frontier then? I think it has an inch and half more harness height, roughly, than the True Fit.

mcomommy

Yeah I know what you mean. My DD2 has ridden in the Regent she looks so tiny it it! I guess there it depends on how long you want to harness, hopefully the Frontier will work better.

Oh and I LOVE your DD2's name :love: It is the same as my DD1's

Joyofbirth

Here she is in the Regent.

There seems to be a lot of room around her hips and between her crotch and the crotch strap. Is that okay? Or does that mean it too big for her? I will try her in a Frontier.
I'd love to harness forever. I guess 6 would be my bare minimum. We are praying that the Regent will get our giant 4 year old to 6 in a harness. I'd really like longer, but I think we'll be lucky to get to 6. She's already in a size 6/7 clothes. So in a year and a half to 2 years, we will buy her a booster and can pass down the Regent. So I had thought a Nauti or Frontier would be good for now and then we could swap them. But I'm thinking I will just want a dedicated booster. But perhaps I will need the height of the Frontier as a booster for dd1. Then there's the issue of flowers. Dd2 wants a flower seat. Oh, decisions, decisions....

Mcomommy, that's cool our dds have the same name. Do you spell it with Ts or Ds?

Last edited:

mcomommy

Same as you do. Her name is Mattie Elaine after my great-grandmother :love:

If you want to harness for as long as possible I would go with the Frontier or Regent.

Joyofbirth

I can't get the regent pics to load. My concern is that after I pull the harness up around the buckles and tighten till there's no pinch at her shoulders, there is a significant gap at her hips on both sides and at the crotch. is that okay? Does it mean she's too small for it?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC