Is this a good deal on a Maclaren Quest?

ADS

skaterbabs

absolutely, as long as it's in good condition. I'd try to find out how much the repair to the spring would be before committing.

lovinwaves

absolutely, as long as it's in good condition. I'd try to find out how much the repair to the spring would be before committing.

Hey Rebekah, Thanks!! Do you know what that spring that is she is talking about. I don't know ANYTHING about the Mac's. I know you do though;)

Is it something that wouldn't need to be fixed? Could I still use the stroller even though that spring is broke?

I was thinking about $50 because it is broke. At this point I don't even know how old the stroller is. She said it is a chocolate brown/babyblue suede. Do you know what year that might have been?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Same here, not a bad price, but wondering about the repair issue, and the model year isn't clear from the description. I drooled for months over the pink fleur Quest, and finally bought a gray market one a few weeks ago off eBay. I love it and my oldest even fits in it. Not that she needs to ride in a stroller, it's for the baby, lol. Of course had I waited a bit longer, there are good deals now on reduced 2006 pink fleur Quests at Albee. :eek: :rolleyes: I gotta stop hanging out on the stroller forum so I don't end up with more strollers, lol.

lovinwaves

Here's photos of the Mac for Sale

Ok you stroller experts!! I need your help.

Here are the photos of the stroller in questions. I was thinking of offering her $50 for it, because it is broken, and the hood has some kind of white stain on it. You can see both problems in the stroller. My OP has the actual Craigslisting describing the stroller. THANK YOU!!

Mac Stroller Pictures

lovinwaves

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Hey Julie here is another link showing photos, and I will repost the Craigslist listing. I am buying it from her for $60 tomorrow , she was asking 75. Do you think this is a good deal. There is a stain and a seat pin is broke, making the seat lopsided, but she said it can be fixed.

I think it looks good. I wonder how much it will cost to fix the seat? Maybe it won't even be that lopsided:) The stain just looked like a water mark, maybe you could get it off!?

I have the p3 but I am sort of wishing that I had a decent smaller stroller. My husband thinks I am crazy because our stroller is already smaller then most. I was looking at the volvo and new they are more expensive then this, I even looked on ebay and nothing caught my eye.

Good luck with you "new" stroller! Let me know how you like it and if you like it better then the p3

lovinwaves

OK, so here it is. The $60.00 MAC!!! I LOVE IT. My Father-in-Law had taken it home last week to work on the recline mechanism. He called last night to say that he fixed it!!!! I am so excited to see how well it works!! So here are some photos of it. The colors are beautiful!!! The stroller is otherwise in perfect condition. The fabric is flawless, with no rips, tears, or stains. The second pictures shows the colors and pattern up close.

I love the P3 and the Mac very equally!! They are both incredible strollers!

My father in law who is 78, I'm sure had a hard time understanding why a stroller would cost $200 or $300, but he actually admitted that both the P3 and Maclaren Quest are built incredibly well. He said he thinks it was money well spent. He said their design is flawless!!! That felt pretty good coming from a very money conservative, different generation person. Let alone from a man. LOL!!

If you click on this LINK to see more photos!!

6285325_1024.ts1163973752039.jpg

6285473_1024.ts1163973013634.jpg

lovinwaves

:) Someone told me "Cocoa Check" When I hear Chilli, I think red. This one is Chocolate Brown/ and Blue Suede. Do you have any photos?

Was this color a hard color to find or something?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I did a Google search and found a picture:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/bestbuybaby_1920_2087778

It was a common colour in 2004. The only real "rare" Mac fabrics are the designer ones (Lulu Guinness, Kate Spade..) The one you have was selling for around $99-$125 + shipping on Ebay, etc (Albees, and more), when they were cleared out at the end of the model year.

The frame hasn't changed any, and you could even buy replacement 2006 fabric for $70 from Maclaren if you don't like the colour. I really like the faux suede blue at the top, though.. it's pretty.

-N.

lovinwaves

Thanks for the picture!! I am still wondering why they call it Chilli Check. mmm..oh well...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the skins. I can put DD or DS in there. It is a very gender neutral color. So do you think it was a good deal? I thought $60 was pretty good for a barely used stroller. It's hard for me to think of it as going on 3 years old.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Any good condition used Mac is a great deal--they're really solid. Usually you only see the rear wheels go, and rarely here in North America ... mostly in the UK where they use their strollers like cars, and hang bags from the back. I had the same stroller as you just bought, and sold it for $200 here in Vancouver recently! I think a GUC one is worth about $80-$100 US, but you got a deal because of the spring as well.. :)

-N.

lovinwaves

Ok, So my FIL DID fix the Maclaren. It is amazing!!! :D He just brought it back to me COMPLETELY fixed!! I can't believe it! I am so excited and happy. Merry Christmas to me!

The recline mechanism works great on all four positions!

I am half tempted to resell this to make some good money off of it!!! I really want a stroller for taking walks in the neighborhood, like PHil & Ted's E3 or Mbus.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Ok, So my FIL DID fix the Maclaren. It is amazing!!! :D He just brought it back to me COMPLETELY fixed!! I can't believe it! I am so excited and happy. Merry Christmas to me!

The recline mechanism works great on all four positions!

I am half tempted to resell this to make some good money off of it!!! I really want a stroller for taking walks in the neighborhood, like PHil & Ted's E3 or Mbus.

That's great, I am glad everything worked out with the stroller. When I was in BC I "test" drove the Phil & Teds's E3 and loved it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC