One more time - Radian vs. Frontier

I'm trying to decide between the Radian and Frontier for my daughter. She's just over three, about 34lbs and her torso height is 14.5".

Due to the bench seat in our truck, we can't use the Nautilus.

So it sounds like the Radian XT is the latest/greatest, and we can get it for the same price (online) as the Frontier. The only reason I'm wavering on the Radian is because it just doesn't look as comfy as the Frontier.

We have a Marathon in our car, and love it, so I'm sure we'd also be happy with the Frontier. While we don't travel a lot, the Radian would be handy for airline travel.

Is the Radian XT that much better than the 65?

Help!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Frontier will give you more harness height, and the tallest booster. The Radian is good for travel. Personally, I like my 65 better than the XT. Now for you, having an older kiddo, the wings would be at a good height. For me, I want the wings to go alllll the way down.

canmom

At her age weight etc, I would go for the Frontier over the XT. Like Judi said, the Frontier has more harness height and can later be converted to an excellent booster which is probably the tallest we have.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. If they're the same price, I'd look at length of use you'll get from them. The Frontier will last a loooong time. You don't need the rear-facing capability of the XT so that's one thing that doesn't even apply in your consideration, and with the lower shell and slots it won't fit as long. Add in that you feel the Frontier will be more comfortable and I think the choice is clear. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
the Frontier has more harness height and can later be converted to an excellent booster which is probably the tallest we have.

Yep. I am 5'7" and I can fit height wise, in booster mode.

IMG_1205-1.jpg

Here is Tyler, 9 yr old then, with the booster in the highest position.

IMG_1214.jpg

Thanks so much for the advice! I guess I wasn't thinking that the Radian can't be used as a booster. I think our choice is quite clear. Frontier it is! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC