Ugh!! I get so frustrated with some people!!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Last night, I was at one of my local malls. I was walking behind a family (which appeared to be mom, grandpa, and child) and overheard something that upset me. The conversation went something like this:

Grandpa: "Don't we need her carseat?"

Mom: "No. We'll just put her in the seatbelt. Or I'll just hold her if she won't stay in the belt."

Grandpa: "Hold her? I don't think that is a good idea."

Mom: "Well I'm not going to waste my time walking all the way to the other side of the mall to get her carseat out of my car."

Grandpa: "I guess it will be okay. We are only going eight miles."

(The child in question appeared to be about 2.5 or 3 years old).

I was disgusted! Mom didn't want to walk to the other end of the mall to get the carseat? So they are going to not only break the law, but they are going to endanger that beautiful little girl's life? They are going to endanger her life because Mom is too lazy to go get the carseat? UGH!!!!!!!! :mad:

I ran into a police officer as I was leaving and said something to him. He just shrugged, as if he couldn't do anything. UGH!!!!! :mad:

I did find it interesting, though, that grandpa seemed to be the bigger advocate for child passenger safety. Interesting... usually the younger generations are more knowledgable.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC