Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Britax Frontier in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee??

Here's my dilemma. I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo. I have 2 children- one is no longer in a carseat. My youngest- my son, is 2 1/2, 40 pounds and 39 inches tall. He is at the max weight for his current seat, so I bought a Britax Frontier. I just was reading the manual, and I'm not sure if I can even use it in my vehicle. I do not have any top teether anchors in my vehicle. I can't put the seat in the middle of the back seat, because there won't be room for my daughter. What do I do? If this seat is out of the question, what should I get? He is on the large side and I don't want to get a seat that he will outgrow very quickly.

Thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Britax Frontier in a 1998 Jeep Cherokee??

How old is your daughter?
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

She is 10. She's 5' 6' and 140 pounds.

How about the Graco Nautilus, I don't think you need to tether it like the Frontier.

Also given the year of your SUV call your dealer for a retro-fit of the tether if you want the Frontier, I am sure someone here has the part# for it.

Unregistered

I know that this is a little late but just in case u wanted to know. My jeep dealership order the part and is putting it in for free tommorow. But you can only have one installed and it has to be in the middle