Need help with almost 8 year old daycare boy!

He is going to be 8 the end of this month. He has been riding in nothing in mom's car since he was 4(totally illegal here in Illinois).

He is 135 pounds(guessing 140 now, he looks bigger).

I rarely have to drive him. Him and his brother are here 4 times a month from 3:45-7:30pm. I might have to drive them come summer for an activity I put Logan in(depending if Hubby is working or not, and I really would like to see logan).

Last summer I stuffed him in a Cosco Ambassador-he really does not fit width wise, but the belt fits him nice.

I have no idea what to do if he doesn't pass the 5-step test. Mom told me last week that he is turning 8 now and to please take him out of a booster now(even though she knows I won't listen to what she says about carseat saftey-heck her 3 year old in august(75 pounds) in a low back with the shoulder strap behind his back.

What to do? What to do? I am not buying an expensive seat for him if I have too.

These are the seats I have:

*Graco Nautilus
*Graco NBB
*Cosco Ambassador
*Parkway(totally doesn't fit into)
*Graco HBB(again doesn't fit into)

Edited to say: I called the local carseat techs at the fire department in the next town(mine aren't so good) and they said to take off the armrests of the graco NBB! UMM..... OK!!! (Sarcasm)-not sure if he really is a tech, he said he was though.

ADS

Maedze

I could do the 20.00! I am going to see where I could purchase it.... Edited to say: I know last time I posted about this everyone basically said it was ok to go over the weight limit on a NBB? Right?

It's a caregiver's decision. I personally would MUCH rather see a child in a NBB that he has exceeded the weight limit for than a seatbelt he doesn't fit.

If the Harmony doesn't fly, try to get your hands on a Prospect backless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC