Who has a Combi Shuttle? Or is a super Google-fu master?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What are the bottom slots? Does it generally fit very small preemies well, or are the slots too high despite its "from birth" rating?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No one, huh? :( I'm having no luck with my searches (though I did find out some interesting NASA facts. :rolleyes: )

henrietta

Google-fu master really caught my attention, so I had to read this. :p

What are the bottom slots? Does it generally fit very small preemies well, or are the slots too high despite its "from birth" rating?

Just a thought to add....the Compass I420 I bought was also supposed to fit preemies well b/c of it's low bottom slots. Apparently, that's not all there is to it, b/c it did NOT fit my 5.5 lber well at all. The bottom slots were great, but the straps did not come out at the legs where they would actually stay over our baby's thighs. He could easily get him legs scrunched up and the leg straps would be over his shins instead.

Yes, I know, that answers *nothing* about the Combi, but it should be an added criteria for all these "preemie" seats. ;)

henrietta

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In the specific case I'm asking for, I don't think anything is going to fit at all without an added rolled cloth at the crotch buckle and I don't know if ANY harness will tighten enough. But I was trying to remember which seats are still rated "from birth" and I didn't remember the Shuttle until tonight, but then I can't remember the lowest slot height on that one... I agree that tightening capability is super-important but in this case I don't know if it's relevant. But thanks for pointing it out. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, no AZgirl had a centre. No help here. I think they are lower than sr but not as low as embrace.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah. Looks like that won't be a super fit in this case then.

But I'll keep it in mind. :) Thanks for trying!

Jennifer mom to my 7

What are you looking for? I know I tightened up Bitty baby really well in the keyfit:p I was playing yesterday with it.

IMG_5642_2.jpg

What about the cocorro? It is supposed to be being rated for 3 pounds, isn't it? What about Ann's list here:

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=75500&highlight=preemie+seats

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I had a Centre, the slots were 'really low', lol, like, I needed the second ones up for my 6lb newborn. Do they have an email on their website? Drop them a line and ask?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What are you looking for? I know I tightened up Bitty baby really well in the keyfit:p I was playing yesterday with it.
What about the cocorro? It is supposed to be being rated for 3 pounds, isn't it? What about Ann's list here:

http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=75500&highlight=preemie+seats
Is the Cocorro rated from 3 lbs? What are the bottom slots on that? I'm looking for something for a 3.5 lber being discharged. :eek: Right now the suggestion is "car bed." I did check that list and weight is on there but it's not on the list of 8 inch or lower slots, I don't know if that means it's above 8 in. or what.
I had a Centre, the slots were 'really low', lol, like, I needed the second ones up for my 6lb newborn. Do they have an email on their website? Drop them a line and ask?

They probably do... I was kind of hoping I could be lazy and someone else would already have done the work. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer mom to my 7

Okay, I think they are getting the coccoro rated to 3 pounds. With the insert the bottom slots are about 7 inches or so. And, I have a feeling it is coming soon, because it seems as the coccoros are all on sale all over the interweb for around 167....cheapest I found was 155 for a keylime:love:

So, as of now it is a 5 pound minimum, but I think it will be changing shortly, kwim?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The bottom slots are very low. I think they are just a smidge higher than the slots in my Tyro, and those were ridiculously low (like 5 inches).

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
This is Ilana at 9.5#, 5 wks old and my title says she's on the 2nd set of 'slots' on it. I'm thinking she was just over the bottom set of slots then on her SS1, she's 1/2 way between 1st and 2nd now.
IMG_5016.jpg

Here she is the next day in the Coccoro using the 2nd set of slots and these are normal spaced slots, not the clicks the infant seats do. This is w/ the crazy enormous infant padding it comes to that iirc is required till 20#.
IMG_5023.jpg

crunchierthanthou

This is Ilana at 9.5#, 5 wks old and my title says she's on the 2nd set of 'slots' on it. I'm thinking she was just over the bottom set of slots then on her SS1, she's 1/2 way between 1st and 2nd now.

Here she is the next day in the Coccoro using the 2nd set of slots and these are normal spaced slots, not the clicks the infant seats do. This is w/ the crazy enormous infant padding it comes to that iirc is required till 20#.

pretty sure the Coccoro wasn't out when Ilana was that small. ;)

The insert must be used to 15 lbs, and is optional to 20.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My poor kids, I'm getting a lot better at actually calling Olivia by her name, but I still struggle. lol Yes, that is Olivia, not Ilana. :)

serabi

at 3.5 lbs - has she already passed a car seat test? She might not even pass and need a car bed and this would be moot...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
at 3.5 lbs - has she already passed a car seat test? She might not even pass and need a car bed and this would be moot...

Well, they can't DO the test until they have a car seat that she fits in.

But they're sending her home.

So it looks like she'll be going in a car bed.

serabi

Well, they can't DO the test until they have a car seat that she fits in.

But they're sending her home.

So it looks like she'll be going in a car bed.

makes sense...

honestly I don't know if you'd be able to find a seat that a 3.5lb baby would be angled well enough in to pass the test :eek: I'm trying to picture my daughter in a car seat when she weighed 3.5lbs and I honestly can't picture it :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC