*shakes fist ominously*

Maedze

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH.

This is my first car seat vent EVER..I think.

I'm so PEEVED. I have this beautiful, new, Rio Radian XT that I love. It's so pretty. It's so user friendly. I want it. I need it.

I've been driving around with it for a week in my rental car. No problems there. Finally got the minivan back today....and I have to face the fact that this seat plus my car are just a no go. Pretty strange for a minivan, wouldn't you say?

It's a 2005 Freestar, and no matter what I do, how I cuss, and which gods I supplicate, the seat is irreparably over reclined in the vehicle. The absolute best I can do is probably just shy of 45 degrees. My almost two year old would hate it, not to mention it causes the passenger seat to be almost in the windshield. This is our primary family vehicle so it's just not going to fly.

I'm so mad :mad:

Why do I try next? The True-Fit? Blargh.

ADS

Mama Jo

Could you use it FF for Bean the 2nd and then give Bean the 3rd the BV to use RF??

I wouldn't wanna get rid of it either :mad:

Maedze

Bean the Second's BV is a Shannon print. Call me a sexist mysogynist, but I don't want to put my son in a Shannon BV :ROTFLMAO: Plus, it's only a 33 lb seat :(

I wish the True Fit with ARB were out. *grumble grumble grumble*

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Bean the Second's BV is a Shannon print. Call me a sexist mysogynist, but I don't want to put my son in a Shannon BV :ROTFLMAO:

:ROTFLMAO:

That stinks about the Rio Radian XT! That seat is just gorgeous. It is on my wishlist of completely-unneeded-but-still-very-much-desired seats.

Maedze

Oh and to cap it off...the Wizard he is currently riding in, the LATCH strap on one side is completely fubared beyond all repair, and this seat doesn't install well with the seatbelt in the Freestar.

I'm coming to the conclusion that it's the Freestar that is a deleted unspeakable.

Maedze

Um, I just paid one thousand, five hundred and eighty eight dollars and thirty six cents to get said minivan back from the mechanic. I'm going to drive this car until I DIE. :ROTFLMAO:

lovinwaves

I'm in the same boat(sort of), Maedze. Our Radians really don't fit well in our minivan. I have been cringing at the thought of them being so smashed up against our front seats :( I absolutely cannot get them more upright than 45 degrees.

I was hoping that the new XT's would not have this issue in our van, but I am thinking they probably will.

We really need to get "new" seats for the kiddos, especially for the sake of passengers that ride with me so close to the dashboard.

I don't know what seat to get :(

4boysmom

Um, I just paid one thousand, five hundred and eighty eight dollars and thirty six cents to get said minivan back from the mechanic. I'm going to drive this car until I DIE. :ROTFLMAO:

seriously... dh just "only" paid $700 some odd (almost 800iirc) dollars to fix something on the car and it runs/drives the exact same it always has, makes the same weird creaky squeaky noises and is due for an oil change where they like to "find" things wrong with it and dh never seems to get out for under $100 usually more like $200... and I think the thing is only worth like 4k anyhow now.

AtTheSouthDam

Yep, we have this problem in the 07 Freestar. The ONLY place it can sit and leave the front passengers unsquished is the center of the middle row. I REALLY want a new seat because of that. I love the seat, it works so beautifully in my mother's TA (who would have thought) and is perfect for what I bought it for. But my van is NOT what I bought it for.

If you try a TF let me know if it works. I am debating between the TF ARB or the multi-tech (yeah, pricey, not legal, etc. which would be why I am still debating) for my Freestar.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Weird that you can't get a more upright install. I tried to XT and the reg Radian, then I switched feet on them. The XT was alway more upright. So sorry about your...well, luck?

arly1983

I don't get it...I had a Radian in an 04 Freestar and I thought it was pretty upright myself...Do you have the middle bench seat or cap'ts chairs? I can go try again if you like.

Maedze

I have the bench. You have the chairs I think? I'm pretty sure the chairs have a much better incline than the bench which is pretty much parallel to the ground. It's not at all comfortable for an adult to sit on, in any case.

Maedze

Here's a good description of the difference. With the Wizard, I generally install at about a 35 degree incline. The bench is pushed forward one click (to leave room for third row passengers) The passenger seat up front is all the way back on the rails, at a comfortable recline, and the Wizard is braced, (not overly so) against it. It leaves a bit of a mark in the upholstery.

When I got the Radian the maximum incline I could manage, the passenger seat was pushed forward nearly all the way, the seat was bolt upright, and the Radian rested against the passenger seat about 8 inches lower than the mark made by the Wizard. It's ridiculous!

Maedze

Return it. I got it from Target with the free shipping and 10% off with Triple A, and I'm glad because I can return it with no hassle.

This is my first ever returned CRS. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC