Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

need seating help?

I will be travelling with the kids by myself and will be driving dh minivan. We use built-ins for the little kids when we drive it except for longer trips. I haven't had the husky in the van yet.

I have no tethers and we won't be able to get any installed before we leave. Car dealers around here won't do them or can't seem to get the right part so they are not touching my cars.

Husky, 3yr, 43#, so don't have to tether but would like too

Bv ff, 2yr, 32.8#

2 kids that don't need boosters.

We have a 2 seater bench 2nd row and a 3 seater bench 3rd row.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: need seating help?

What if you put the Husky in the middle of the second row and then with the BLVD or a seat free kid on the other seat. And then in the back outboard the other seat free kid and either BLVD or seat free kid. That way you can tether the Husky to the middle seat belt in the back. Of course someone will have to climb over/under it, but at least that way it can be tethered.

Of course this all depends on if the Husky fits there, if the seat free kids pass the 5-step test in all positions, and maybe if you can fit the Husky and BLVD next to each other.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

CPS Advocate

Re: need seating help?

Make sure your older kids have seating positions with head rests and lap/shoulder belts as well.