need seating help?

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I will be travelling with the kids by myself and will be driving dh minivan. We use built-ins for the little kids when we drive it except for longer trips. I haven't had the husky in the van yet.

I have no tethers and we won't be able to get any installed before we leave. Car dealers around here won't do them or can't seem to get the right part so they are not touching my cars.

Husky, 3yr, 43#, so don't have to tether but would like too

Bv ff, 2yr, 32.8#

2 kids that don't need boosters.

We have a 2 seater bench 2nd row and a 3 seater bench 3rd row.

ADS

munchkin

What if you put the Husky in the middle of the second row and then with the BLVD or a seat free kid on the other seat. And then in the back outboard the other seat free kid and either BLVD or seat free kid. That way you can tether the Husky to the middle seat belt in the back. Of course someone will have to climb over/under it, but at least that way it can be tethered.

Of course this all depends on if the Husky fits there, if the seat free kids pass the 5-step test in all positions, and maybe if you can fit the Husky and BLVD next to each other.

Maedze

Make sure your older kids have seating positions with head rests and lap/shoulder belts as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC