Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

Are you getting a My Ride?

Are you going to get a Graco My Ride?

I was waiting to get an Advocate, is anyone getting one of those? Has anyone seen them? What do you think?

What are your thoughts on the My Ride? I have a 3 year old that is 32.5lbs and 38 inches tall that is in a Blvd. I am wondering how long she would be able to use this seat RF.
    But I am not excited to switch to Graco. It doesn't tether does it? And does it have as much SIP as Blvd does?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Are you getting a My Ride?

My ds is already almost 4 and really tall. I highly doubt he'd even fit in that seat, even tho he's only 35 lbs. So I'd say not. Now, if I did have another baby, probably so.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

Hopefully, we will have detailed reviews of both models at www.carseatblog.com soon after they are released.

If Elizabeth has enough leg room I will get one even if the covers are ugly as sin.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

I may get a MR but am waiting till people start getting theirs and find out more about them. I love the girly cover! I was disappointed with their height but we will see, it may end up fitting older kids more than we think. And no, it doesn't tether. It does have pretty deep sides from the looks of it for SIP but it does not have specific SIP headwings like the BLVD.

As for the Advocate, no I'm not getting one. I am ordering a BLVD however next week. I'm interested that they claim the Advocate reduces SIP forces by so much but I just don't know..maybe if I had my child outboard or others in the backseat, I'd consider it.

Senior Community Member MANDY1234's Avatar

I'm thinking yes If you go under the shopping section one of the sites already has it for pre order!!!
    BrookeLynn 10, Payton 9, Mya 6, Quincy 5

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Well, some things have to happen first. My husband has to get a new job. I have to get a van. I have to think up a way to justify it.

But if all those happen, even though I hate the look of it and it's not tall enough, probably. Because I'm an addict.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I want one, but probably not. I can not justify one right now as Marcus already has 3 seats. We really have no need for an extra right now.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

I definitely won't get an Advocate. I'm not a fan of Britax, and the Advocate doesn't really do anything for me.

I probably won't get a MyRide. Ask me again in a couple of weeks when DD has her checkup and I have new stats on height/weight, but right now, she's average height, light weight. Height is going to be more important than weight, and I don't think she'll hit 35 pounds until some time after age 5. So a Radian will be plenty for her. Now, if they get the Radian rated to 40 pounds RFing ...
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

I will be getting a My Ride. I would love to order from the sponsor here..... but I want to see if BRU gets different covers and how their price compares. I mentioned to the carseat guys at BRU that I will be stalking the store starting June 1 until the seat gets there (or they give me an arrival date) No, it doesn't RF tether. But that's not a 'must have' for me.

I won't be getting an advocate and never considered it. FIrst of all, I think it's a Click N Safe seat, and I don't like those. If I were to buy a Britax seat, it'd probobly be the Roundabout 50.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

I believe there's the Advocate, and the Advocate CS.

I'm not getting a My Ride. Piper is 40 pounds now (and 6.75 years old), and I'd rather get the height of the True Fit than the weight of the My Ride, since if baby girl follows her sister, and her parents' genetics, she'll be thin for a long long time and a 35 pound seat would get us to five, nearly six years rear facing.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

sadly, probably not..if ds follows his growth curve, 35 pounds will get us to 5+, and heightwise, gthe TF or radian would get us to..uh.....college? LOL..my short lil guy.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
    I believe there's the Advocate, and the Advocate CS.
    no, there's just the CS. If you're spending $370 on a seat, there's no budget version.

I have no plans to get a My Ride. Dd is over 90th percentile for weight right now- 16 lbs at 4 months. If she continues on that curve, she still won't be over 35 lbs at 2 years (according to CDC charts). Ask me again in 18 months. I might need one if she's outgrowing our MA, but I'm expecting Graco will have some competition by then.

I don't know. DD2 is short torsoed but I doubt she would make it to 40 lbs RF in it.
    I will wait for reviews when people get theirs and compare it to the TF ARB.
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

I'm not sure.....I wont need a new seat for dd for at least 9-10 months....But will take a peek at them...IF they come to Canada

Samantha - CRST
    ~* Mom To Joshua -16 years, Seat belt *~
    ~* Liam - 10 years, 55-60 Pounds, Graco booster (no back) *~
    ~* Cordelia Grace - 7 years, 41lbs, Diono Monterey *~

Part of me is also getting the MR for the history factor. It's the first US seat to RF to 40 pounds. It's a first, and I get to be a part of it. I can pass it down to my grand children (because they can still use it, right...j/k) and tell them the history of how ERF evolved and why they can RF until they are 10
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

I'm not sure, it's a toss up for me. I really wanted the ARB True Fit but I hate the covers and now with the My Ride coming out I'm rethinking my plan.
    I like the ARB feature of the True Fit but with my small kiddo I like the 40lb rear facing limit of the My Ride.
    My daughter is 1yr old and just 16lbs, 26" long with only a 9 1/2" torso so I think we could get alot of use out of a rear facing seat with a 40lb limit.
    Of course if she stays as tiny as she is I think we'd get alot of use out of a True Fit too.
    I think I'll decide when I can see the My Ride in person since I already know I love the way she fits in a True Fit.
    Christy ~ Mama to Maddie (13) in a seatbelt, Sara (10) in a seatbelt, Jack (9) in a Monterey, Elizabeth (4) in a Frontier 85 and Anna born August 8th 2012 riding in a Purple Potion Cybex Aton, soon to be in a Key Lime Coccoro.

Unregistered1

I'm going to take A to the store to try it out, see how SHE fits in it (I'm almost certain she'd be too tall to RF in it) and I don't think I'll get one right away as I'm trying to get a seat in next to A's GN for the baby, but when the baby starts getting up there in the weight I'm going to re-evaluate... you'd better bet I'll keep that kiddo RF to 40 lbs!

I want one, but I probably won't get one. My heaviest under 40 pound kid has a year to go before hitting 35 pounds. She'll be 5.5years old. The seat just won't fit in the back where I have my two youngest sitting. (Since I can't fit boosters there.) I'll be holding out for the new, improved radian that rfes to 40 pounds- most likely anyway. If I had space I'd go buy one probably. If I had space and a heavier kid, I'd definately buy one. Just not yet convinced to rear-face to age 7 yet.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Probably. My daughter is almost 4, 33 pounds, and in a Marathon right now. She's of average height and fits in the Marathon just fine RF. If she'll fit in the My Ride with the same or more growing room heightwise as the Marathon, and it will fit RF behind the driver's seat in our main car, then yes, I think I'll get it. I know I should feel comfortable FF a 4 year old, and I will FF her in our other car when she hits 35 pounds rather than buying two My Rides. Still, I figure if she'll fit in a My Ride and the seat will fit in our main car, why not? I'll take any excuse to get a new seat!
    DD (9 years old) & DS (6.5 years old)