Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Can't Edit Posts in Swap to Delete them...

I was going to Edit some posts in the Carseat Swap section and delete the whole thread since the item has sold, but it won't give me that option now?? They are not super old or anything and I only noticed this on threads I started not the ones I have replied to from someone else. It is only in the Carseat Swap not the Swap-o-Rama. Anybody else missing the edit button on their threads??? Do I just need to PM Admin with a link to the threads I want deleted?
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Can't Edit Posts in Swap to Delete them...

I thought we were supposed to just switch the prefix to "sold"? So the thread was saved for prosperity for others (when researching how a deal went with a particular person, researching prices, etc.). Although if you can't see the "edit" button, you won't be able to change the prefix either!

From this post a couple weeks ago:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=81065
    It looks like the edit button goes away after a certain period of time. I guess you have to report the post to an admin to make any edits or deletions after that time.
    Katy

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Yeah, just report it with a quick description of what you need changed and one of us will get to it
    No need to delete, because then we can't use it for iTrader rep
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Thanks everyone and I forgot about others needing it to use as reference in search or for I-Trader. I have never figured out how to change the header to say sold instead of for sale.
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness