So I bit the bullet....

nevaehsmommy

So I bit the bullet and bought a True Fit for my daughter. Tell me I am going to LOVE it. I had better. I really needed the money for college, but I got my tax returns and well I bought one.

So now, question me this. Will it fit in a chyrsler Sebring Conver. 2001

ADS

firemomof3

I really like mine. I prefer it over my blvd. that I have. I love the deep sides with impact foam, the tall shell so I don't have to worry about my dd2 outgrowing it rf by height (like she did with the blvd), its very easy to install and well...so far I like everything about it :thumbsup:

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Oooohhh! Exciting! What cover did you get? I'm going to be ordering one for my new baby niece (due at the end of July) and can't wait! :love:

nevaehsmommy

The cover? Honestly I dont know the name. Grey with blue....I will post pictures when I get it. 5-9 days from now....My daughters birthday is May 24th should I wait to give it to her then? I dont think I could wait...

Ok I found the one I got. Not sold on the print but figure someone on here may want to trade. Or I heard you can buy new covers on LC site.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3137030

DG is worrying that is will not fit in her back seat, above mentioned car. Anyone have experience?

midwestmeg

New here.... my first post!! :) :)

So it looks like the True Fit comparable (ahem, cheaper, dare I say knock off?!) to the Marathon?!

It looks really nice, btw. I am so excited to see new carseat options that last longer.

Just wondering.... ;)

Megan

sparkyd

I love mine (also Misty Morning) - hope you love yours too! Just make sure to get to know all the tricks for using the harness if the adjuster is buried when you install it (if you don't know them already). If I didn't know how to use mine without loosening and tightening every time, I think I'd hate it.

heyruthie

So it looks like the True Fit comparable (ahem, cheaper, dare I say knock off?!) to the Marathon?!

A competitor?--yes! A knock-off?--not really!

The new True Fit is really quite cutting edge and innovative in many ways, and leaves the Marathon (as great a seat as it is) in the dust in the sense that the Marathon hasn't changed much in years, and is "old" technology in some ways. (Not that the MA still isn't current or awesome!) But the TF really is its own animal and boasts a lot of features that the MA does not (removeable headrest, taller shell, great price point, etc.)

I'm all for competition, especially when the manufacturers are also innovative!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
New here.... my first post!! :) :)

It looks really nice, btw. I am so excited to see new carseat options that last longer.

Just wondering.... ;)

Megan
If I were to compare it to a Britax seat, I think it's most comparable to the Boulevard due to the no rethread harness and adjustable crotch buckle. And actually, the TF has more EPS foam in it than either the Marathon or the Boulevard (see naked car seat thread for pics http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=64153 of all 3). Of course the TF doesn't rear tether (the designers are against rear tethering) and the MA and BV do.

midwestmeg

The new True Fit is really quite cutting edge and innovative in many ways, and leaves the Marathon (as great a seat as it is) in the dust in the sense that the Marathon hasn't changed much in years, and is "old" technology in some ways. (Not that the MA still isn't current or awesome!) But the TF really is its own animal and boasts a lot of features that the MA does not (removeable headrest, taller shell, great price point, etc.)

:D Thank you!! I totally agree- competition is good. ;) And thanks for the great explaination on what makes the TF different. I'm not totally clueless, but I'm no CPS tech; I was just so happy when I found Britaxes.... it's downright exciting to see other nice stuff come on the market.

If I were to compare it to a Britax seat, I think it's most comparable to the Boulevard due to the no rethread harness and adjustable crotch buckle. And actually, the TF has more EPS foam in it than either the Marathon or the Boulevard (see naked car seat thread for pics http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=64153 of all 3). Of course the TF doesn't rear tether (the designers are against rear tethering) and the MA and BV do.

ahhhh.... thank you!!

hboo22

I have 2 True Fits, one for my FFing 4 year old and one RFing for my 3 year old (she was born 1-24-06 so just a little older than your little one). Their pic is in my siggy, I love the seats and the adjuster thing is not a big deal. i can still reach mine ok, but you don't have to even loosen\tighten it, you can use the continous loop harness. My seats are the Monet pattern. I am very happy I got TFs, they are really great seats! Enjoy them, and do post pictures!

Mommy0608

:D Thank you!! I totally agree- competition is good. ;) And thanks for the great explaination on what makes the TF different. I'm not totally clueless, but I'm no CPS tech; I was just so happy when I found Britaxes.... it's downright exciting to see other nice stuff come on the market.

I have a True Fit too. I had the opportunity to choose between the MA and TF, and I chose the TF hands down for it's taller shell, taller harness slots and increased leg room for bigger RF kiddos. Britax is nice, and they were among the first to dabble in the higher weight harnessed seat category. However, the other companies are quickly catching up (and dare I say passing) Britax in this regard. The TF also has the built in lock-offs like the Britax seats. Like someone else said, the TF doesn't allow RF tethering, however there is a new version of the TF coming out with an anti-rebound bar.

Just my :twocents:.

dhardawa

I can't say I agree 100% with this. There are still aspects of the Marathon that the True Fit doesn't have yet like the rear facing tether and a harness that is actually big enough to fit a 50 lb child. So, yes, they are competitors, but I wouldn't say one is cutting edge and the other is old technology by any means.

sparkyd

I can't say I agree 100% with this. There are still aspects of the Marathon that the True Fit doesn't have yet like the rear facing tether and a harness that is actually big enough to fit a 50 lb child. So, yes, they are competitors, but I wouldn't say one is cutting edge and the other is old technology by any means.

For me the tether option on the Marathon is a non-issue because I subscribe to the rationale that if there isn't a dedicated anchor for the tether I'm not going to attach it to something else that hasn't been tested for tethering. I'm more interested to see how the anti-rebound bar on the new True Fit performs. I'm one of the people that has replaced a Marathon with a True Fit and while I think there is still room for a couple of improvements, I think it is a better seat (definitely better value for money) and I no longer recommend the Marathon to anyone. Especially since I'm in Canada and Britax is lagging way behind on offering 35 lb RF seats.

I'm curious about your harness size point though - I've never seen this mentioned before. What is the issue with the harness not fitting bigger kids?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC