Help choosing booster seat

momtobe73

Hello- I have a 4 year old who is 41 pounds and 41 inches. We have her in the Graco Nautilus in both mine and my husbands cars. We also have a baby in a marathon. We have 3 trips this summer and I am trying to decide what seats to travel with. Here are the issues-

-Since we will be lugging the convertible seat with us for use on the plane and in rental cars, I really don't want to have to carry another big seat like the nautilus.

-I don't trust renting a seat from a car rental agency since there are no guarantees as to its safety.

-On the one hand, I am extremely safety conscious. My first rode rear fast way past 2 years old and is now in a 5 point harness which I plan to keep her harnessed in as the seat allows.

- I want an extra seat which I can put in others' cars for playdates, etc.

I am thinking a high back booster would work but have no idea which one to get. When traveling, do I check the booster since it cannot be used in the plane (same issue with the nautilus)? I have heard there can be pretty rough handling with checked baggage.

So my main question is what is the absolute safest light weight booster? how do I travel with it? check it?

Thanks for any advice. I have been researching seats for weeks and my head is spinning.

Sarina

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Take a look at the Ride Safer Travel Vest - it performs like a harness because of the way it spreads crash forces, and it's so compact you can put it in a backpack or suitcase - perfect for travel and playdates (as long as you show the other parents how to properly use it).

If she is mature enough to use a high back booster, I'd look into the Recaro Vivo.

momto4plustwins

I have had both teh safeguard go and the SRTV and thougth both were easy. When we USED travel I did use the vest, it is easy even more wo if warrmer months and winter coats are not off and on. :)

U

Unregistered

You could try a Turbo Booster. It fits smaller kids well and it comes apart for traveling. We put the back part in our suitcase and just packed our clothes around it and then carried the LBB part onto the plane and put it in the overhead compartment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC