my first 'way to go' moment

xursusmaritimusx

When I'm at work I'm always peeking in the back seats of cars in the parking lot to see what car seats people are using. I know more than a few of us around here admit to doing this :whistle:

Well today I saw a women unloading her 3 kids from the car and I noticed that she had 2 RA's and 1 MA. Two RF RA outboard and FF MA in the center!!!

I stopped to talk to her, excused myself for being nosy and asked how old the two who were RF were. 1.5 and 2.5!
Her 5 yo rode in the center. :thumbsup:

I told her that was awesome and that my 2.5 yo RF's as well. She was excited to meet another mom who knew about car seat safety/ERF and I told her I was too.

I excused myself for being a car seat geek, we laughed and I went on my way.

ADS

lovinwaves

Wow, that's great! I wouldn't have been able to walk by without saying something either :p

The 5 year old was probably too tall for the RA though :(

cool! IRL "fellow car seat geek" sightings seem so rare to most of us that meeting another one must feel sort of like being in a foreign country and meeting someone from your hometown in a parking lot!

Maybe we should have "Certifiable Car Seat Geek" bumper stickers so we can spot each other more easily? Or would that be a potential safety risk b/c if we ever saw such a bumper sticker on another moving car we'd be distracted by the thought of "I wonder what seats he/she has in that car?":whistle:

rosey2007

I am so quilty of looking in the backseats of cars to see what car seat people are using at work. There is one car at my work that has a Britax Regent the same color as my Regent and I think that is really cool.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC