Need advice about Britax seats in older Odysseys (98/99)...

M

mamajosie

We have 2 old Odyssey's - 1st and 2nd generation. Our kids in seats are a:

45 lb 6 yr old in a Britax Regent
82 lb 8 yr old in a Britax Parkway

My main question is, is there any way to tether them to the car in any way. Pardon my ignorance on all this - I barely know a difference btwn tether and LATCH. I am just asking if there is any way to have my kids more securely in the vehicle.

I am guessing the Parkway only uses the seatbelt, but could the Regent be tethered to the car and if so, how? Do I have to have something installed in the car? Is there a weight limit for tethering a seat/child?

I plan to get a new Odyssey or Sienna in May but for now want to get my kids as safe as possible in what we have. THanks- Josie

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
If you can't find the information in your manual, then hopefully someone with more Ody knowledge will chime in -- you could also call the Honda manufacturer (toll free number at their website or probably in manual).... The Regent does require top tether use once kiddo reaches 50 pounds! & I *think* it's Honda that has a 40# weight limit on the lower anchors so kiddo is safest installing the Regent with seatbelt :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC