what should i get?

U

Unregistered

my son (2 1/2) is 37 3/4 inches tall with a long torso and short legs, and hes 32 lbs. i live in canada. we have a montana van.
i currently have him in an alpha omega but the straps are starting to go below his shoulders which i know is a big no-no.
i am looking into a seat that will accommodate his height for a couple more years.
the 2 i have found that look like they will work is the greco nautilus and the safety 1st apex. i see the frontier would work too but its so much more then the other 2. i like that these ones go to 52 and 53 inches.
are these the tallest seats? which one would be the best to get?

ADS

mcomommy

The Apex will need a head rest behind it so you will need to think about that. We have the Nautilus and really like it.

Jennee

the more i read the more i hear about the nautilus, but im not seeing much on the apex. i really am leaning towards the nautilus. i just really want to make sure im making the right choice.
thanks!

tjham

The Apex was a big deal when it first came out, because it harnessed to 65 lbs and had high top harness slots. But -it does need a headrest behind it, it is very wide and doesn't make a great booster.

Then the Nautilus came out and totally stole the show! High harness slots, no headrest needed, etc. Makes a pretty good booster for most kids.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would recommend the Nautilus, espeically for a long-torsoed kid. The Apex's top slots are about even with that of the Marathon, and a tall kid will outgrow it before they are ready for a booster.

Jennee

thanks!
people keep giving me information on britax seats but i really dont want to pay the extra money unless there is a good reason to.
it sounds like the nautilus is the seat for us!

April

There is absolutely no way I can see someone regretting buying a Nautilus over an Apex. I have both and the Apex does not even compare in my books. If you want to see the difference, go to Walmart and peel back the cover on both of them, turn them around, pick them up, etc. The Nautilus is 100% more solid and sturdy, and has EPS foam and higher top harness slots. It may not make a perfect booster on every child, but it makes a better booster on most kids than the Apex does.:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC