What would you reccomend?

libranbutterfly

My nephew (Matthew) is close to outgrowing his baby trend flex loc. His older sister (Madisyn) is close to outgrowing 2 of their three other seats by height. She weights about 36 lbs. Matthew is 9 monthes and Madisyn will be 3 in July.

They have:
40 lb limit AOE (She is ight at the top usable slots)
OHS Safety First Enspira
Safety First Summit

She still has one more harness slot in the Summit, So I was thinking Mom could keep using it for her for now. Granny will probably use the AOE in her car for nephew, and her mom likes the OHS, so Matthew will probably go in it in moms car. I think I can convince Granny to get a Nautilus for Madisyn in her car, so Kamille can use it when she has her (I will adjust seat) Papaw needs a seat for Madisyn in his truck. He is not good at installing a radian, and it is a shallow seat. The Summit does not install well there. I was thinking of trying Madisyn in a new AOE. I think if it has the removable base like the smaller one it should work. I may offer him my Cosco harnessed HBB for now because it has only one belt path, so less room for error (He has installed several seats with the wrong belt path in the past.)

Any other thoughts? I would love to get rid of the OHS, but at least it wont be as bad RF for now. He will turn FF on his birthday though, they wont listen about that :mad: and then I really dont want him in it.

Sorry if this is jumbled. My brain is not functioning well right now, I have a splitting headache.

MIL works at Walmart, so they would prefer something they can buy there with her discount.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I would look into buying 2 Nautilus for the older child to replace the 2 seats she is outgrowing. Gma can buy those at Wal-Mart. The AOE will also work for the little boy RF for now.

However I also agree that they need to get rid of the OHS. Is there anyway you could share links with them on WHY it is not safe?? Would they listen to those?

On keeping him RF have you shared links with them?? What about the ERF video & Joel's story? Maybe those 2 links would help them listen. Also maybe the AAP reccomendations link?? Just some thoughts.

Then if you can convince them to get rid of the OHS seat, then an evemflo Triumph Advance would be a nice seat. It can also be bought at Wal-Mart where Gma can use her discount.

Hope this helps.

libranbutterfly

I was thinking 2 Nautili, but the Nautilus hangs off the seat in papaws truck, and the summit doesnt work there either. I am hoping the newer AOE will install there like the one they already have does. Radians install there, but they are tricky and papaw wont do it (and he wont leave them installed because they interfere with his rear window. Only the radian interferes. He can turn off the airbag, so almost anything would install in the front seat, but then no one else can ride with him.

I definately think a nautilus for granny's car, and would love one for moms car too, but then they wouldnt be able to use the summit they fell in love with and bought instead of the nautilus last time.

I have showed her links, videos, the works when Maddie and Lexi were little (they are 2 monthes apart) and she started screaming at me that she is a parent and she can make her own decisions for her children (she is a teen mom and everyone always tries to tell her what to do) so, she shut down. I cant get them to leave the handle down on the baby trend, cant get rid of the OHS, and cant talk them into ERF (I fought her to keep Madisyn RF til she turned 1) I am trying to keep the kids as safe as possible with these restrictions. She keeps asking me how old kids have to be for a booster (sigh) like one day it will magically change to 2. In My car, Madisyn RF to the limits, and LOVED it. She loved the Marathon I had installed in my van for her. She always wants to ride with me in her comfy pink carseat. When MIL had one FF and one RF seat in her car, Madisyn choose the RF seat (when Lexi and her could still RF) EVERY time. but I cant convince her mom. Even MIL would try to talk Maddie out of it all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC