Question How to remove Nautilus Head rest section???

Yoshi

I am shipping my GN to someone who bought it in swap- and to fit it inside the box, I had to take it apart- got the base off fine, but need to remove the headrest.:confused:Is it possible? I only have the Spanish manual. TIA!!!!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My manual is at home, filed in my file cabinet, and I am currently at my parents' house, so I can't look. Sorry!

canmom

Is there a picture in the Spanish directions? It has been awhile since I played with one but I remember it being a little different. If something comes to mind I will post back.

Yoshi

My manual is at home, filed in my file cabinet, and I am currently at my parents' house, so I can't look. Sorry!
Thanks anyhow!
Is there a picture in the Spanish directions? It has been awhile since I played with one but I remember it being a little different. If something comes to mind I will post back.
Now I can't find the Spanish manual because I was "cleaning" yesterday:eek:
I'm not good with the pictures, anyway. No hurry, but thanks!

canmom

Hi again! I found the Canadian Manual online http://www.graco.net/common/sitemedia/pdf18J00MTX.pdf

Page 8 shows putting it on and it looks like you just need to press and hold the red button (height adjust button) and pull up. I remember it not pulling out like butter if that helps... might need to angle it slightly. Not sure how to discribe but I think it sort of has a extra piece of plastic (on the headrest bars that go into the seat??) to not allow it to go any further up than needed and keep it locked in, KWIM?

munchkin

IIRC, when I took my headrest off to ship it. I just held the red button in and pulled it all the way to the top. Then there are little holes at the bottom area of the 'sticks' (of the headrest, sorry I am not very technical), where it connects to the seat. I had to take a pen and push it into the holes to release the headrest.

I really hope that makes sense, hopefully you can figure it out :).

ETA: If you look at the pp's link, on page 11. I think the holes were around the pink parts on the back part.

Yoshi

Thank you and thank you!!!! It makes sense now- I didn't want to break something by forcing- I didn't see any buttons but will look more closely. :thumbsup:

Yoshi

Yay! I did it! I had to pull it all the way up and push down on little gray tabs that held it in place. Thank you- it was definitely not obvious (to me at least)

U

Unregistered1

Glad you got it figured out.

I was gonna have you tell me what the spanish instructions said...... but then I realized I have two english GN manuals in my drawer, LOL.

April

Well, I just learn something new everyday. I tried to take the headrest off mine in January, because I was going to return it. I could not get that darn thing off for the life of me. I seriously thought that it didn't come off once you put it one! So I used that as a reason to not return it. :whistle: Thanks for the thread though, now I know!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC