Quick Nautilus question

U

Unregistered

I am very close to buying a Nautilus after much debate, but I have one final question. Do I need to worry about head flop when my nearly 4 y.o daughter falls asleep in it? She LOVES to sleep in the car! I tried her out in it at Target, but I couldn't tell if it would really support her head while asleep, seems like the seat sits very upright.

Thanks!

Kim

ADS

mamaofthree

My almost 5 yo has serious head flop in this seat. I can't understand it and it drives me crazy! I have it all the way reclined, which isn't much, and have even reclined the vehicle seat and it still flops. My 7 yo never had the head flop problem, but she was taller when the seat was hers. Not sure if that made the difference. I do know the headrest piece is very upright, almost leaning forward out of the seat, so maybe it pushes the head forward? I hate it, but it is really the only affordable HWH seat out there, so we deal.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
maybe.....my dd gets head slump,but it doesn't bother her, so we are okay with it...unlike with a young infant, head slump in an older child isn't a safety issue so much as a comfort thing, so id=f it doesn't bother the child, it's probably okay.

Evolily

Depends on your child and your vehicle :eek:

C and A have no head flop. The seats are sculpted in such a way that even when you don't use the recline the seats are very reclined.

AllieCanada

DS and DD1 both get head slump in their GN's but it doesn't seem to bother them. DD1 tends to fall asleep more often than DS but neither sleep for a long period of time.

P1ally

Doesn't the frontier have less head flop than the GN? Idk, I only have the gn.. But the frontier is on sale...........:whistle:

Amaris

We haven't had any issues with head flop in the gn. We used a regent for the same child before the gn and we had horrible head flop with it. The gn is reclined in our vehicle (2005 Ford Expedition) even if the gn recline foot is all the way in. I actually tried installing it with the recline foot all the way out and it was more reclined than I was comfortable with!

firemomof3

I did have head slump in the GN but it didn't bother my dd1, she never complained. I don't have head slump in the Regent or Frontier.

zactayaus

DS2 has head flop issues in both his GN and his Frontier. I think it depends a lot on the kid too. DD can sleep bolt upright in her booster and not flop at all yet DS flops even when reclined.:shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC