What will happen?

LuvBug

If you continue to use your stroller past its weight limit? I figure its not like a carseat so it couldnt be a huge deal except for if they got too heavy they might break it. Any reason not to use it a few pounds longer?

ADS

lovinwaves

If you continue to use your stroller past its weight limit? I figure its not like a carseat so it couldnt be a huge deal except for if they got too heavy they might break it. Any reason not to use it a few pounds longer?

What kind of stroller is it?

LuvBug

its a graco I cant remember the namo that is no longer made and is like a cross between all 3 of their single child strollers. I cant find the instructions but I was certain it went above 35lbs and that is one reason I like it. He is 39lbs now and I just realized we might be over the limit, but it hasnt given me any sort of trouble and isnt hard to push :/

lovinwaves

I think the weight limit on Graco's is mostly 40 pounds. I pushed a boy I use to nanny in his stroller when he weighed well over 40 pounds. It didn't push as easy, but it didn't effect the stroller in anyway.

So, just keep on pushin' :D

Morganthe

When it comes to strollers, I really think that it's a best guess for a comfort ride and liability issues. The manufacturer doesn't want to be liable if you bust the stroller within 6 months loading it with 60 or 70lbs of gear. :p
But they probably determine a higher amount that it can carry than what's listed in the instruction booklet. If you figure a child + clothes + all the stuff that's usually piled on the stroller usually weighs more than the manufacturer's 'weight' limit when he/she gets into toddler years.

I had a Peg Perego that I bought used. The instruction booklet said it could hold up to 75lbs between seat & storage (it didn't have a basket, so I have no idea what they were talking about). Loaded or not, the beast was still a pain in the neck for me to maneuver even if it was empty. I hated it so much! I got rid of it really quick, but my best friend who bought it loved it and still uses it today with her very large 2yr old (He's almost 40lbs).

My Quinny Speedi is only rated for 40lbs, but I've had it loaded down with 30lb child + around 30lbs of shopping stuff and it still maneuvered on its three wheels like a dream. The shocks were even still bouncy enough to manage cobble streets.

I wouldn't try that stunt with a lightweight umbrella stroller though. Probably fall off a curb or collapse or something :p :D

lovinwaves

When it comes to strollers, I really think that it's a best guess for a comfort ride and liability issues. The manufacturer doesn't want to be liable if you bust the stroller within 6 months loading it with 60 or 70lbs of gear. :p
But they probably determine a higher amount that it can carry than what's listed in the instruction booklet. If you figure a child + clothes + all the stuff that's usually piled on the stroller usually weighs more than the manufacturer's 'weight' limit when he/she gets into toddler years.

I had a Peg Perego that I bought used. The instruction booklet said it could hold up to 75lbs between seat & storage (it didn't have a basket, so I have no idea what they were talking about). Loaded or not, the beast was still a pain in the neck for me to maneuver even if it was empty. I hated it so much! I got rid of it really quick, but my best friend who bought it loved it and still uses it today with her very large 2yr old (He's almost 40lbs).

My Quinny Speedi is only rated for 40lbs, but I've had it loaded down with 30lb child + around 30lbs of shopping stuff and it still maneuvered on its three wheels like a dream. The shocks were even still bouncy enough to manage cobble streets.

I wouldn't try that stunt with a lightweight umbrella stroller though. Probably fall off a curb or collapse or something :p :D

What kind of Peg was it? It wasn't a Pliko was it?

Morganthe

The pliko p3 isn't supposed to have a weight limit:)

Yes, it was a Pliko... but it was probably a p1 model before they started numbering :p

Except for the yellow bar (it had a blue one), It was almost identical to this one at Ebay Germany. Scroll down for the large photos. Pushing a small adult in it would be possible, but only over the most smooooooth pavement and don't plan on trying to turn unless you want to put some muscle in it. :D
http://cgi.ebay.de/Buggy-Peg-Perego...QQihZ012QQcategoryZ141285QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Oh good, so when I get tired I can kick the kids out and have DH push me around....AWESOME:D

:eek: I had to sit in it once to nurse ds because he was distracted and there was nowhere to go and nurse him. I sat in the handicap stall in the bathrooom, mind you I wasn't fully sitting in it I was bracing myself with my legs!:)

lovinwaves

:eek: I had to sit in it once to nurse ds because he was distracted and there was nowhere to go and nurse him. I sat in the handicap stall in the bathrooom, mind you I wasn't fully sitting in it I was bracing myself with my legs!:)

At least you had the stroller to sit on LOL! Sure beats sitting the actual toilet with your clothes on to nurse! LOL
Oh boy, do I have some nursing stories:rolleyes:

Morganthe

At least you had the stroller to sit on LOL! Sure beats sitting the actual toilet with your clothes on to nurse! LOL
Oh boy, do I have some nursing stories:rolleyes:

I feel so bad for the both of you. IMO, no one should have horrible public nursing stories, especially exiled to the toilet stalls. :( It's a basic need you're fulfilling for your child! I've had some awkward situations on the base, but mostly, they've been really enjoyable whenever we were out travelling.

My fondest memory was at the Heidelburg Christmas market. DD was abt 15 months old and growing an inch a month. She was hungry and we were there the entire day. So I nursed her 1x in the Jesuit church (small cathedral, actually).. 2nd at the cathedral while listening to a small ensemble practice for the Vivaldi performance scheduled that evening. The priests & sisters so welcoming to Rowen and I. Christmas was really in the air there. Remembering such peaceful atmospheres, holiday decor, and the kind smiles everyone who walked by had for us still brings tears to my eyes.

lovinwaves

I am trying to remember why exactly there were times where I would nurse in the restroom. I was the type of person that did it not matter what people thought. If I needed to feed my baby, then by gosh I was going to feed them right then and there.

Oh yes, know I remember......I had latch problems with both of mine so I am thinking I needed a Really clear view of what I was doing, and the last thing I needed was distractions, and a blanket covering my view. So that is probably why I chose the bathroom or car to nurse. But once they got older I obviously could do it anywhere. I would usually not even use a blanket I could do it so discreetly most people didn't even know I was nursing:) Missouri has some good breastfeeding laws also. I was always discreet, but once I saw a lady at the mall that had her complete breast just hanging out there in the wind for a long time. She just didn't care. She had her WHOLE breast showing. I had never seen anyone do that before so I was a little shocked, but I also was glad to see that she was comfortable with what she was doing:D I am a private person when it comes to my body, so I personally would have never done that. But I certainly was not about to judge her. I kind of giggle when I think about it, because EVERYONE was looking at her like it was some kind strip tease going on:rolleyes:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am trying to remember why exactly there were times where I would nurse in the restroom. I was the type of person that did it not matter what people thought. If I needed to feed my baby, then by gosh I was going to feed them right then and there.

I never had problems nursing, but at around 8 months he decided there was too much to see and everything distracted him! This is the only thing I could think to do. Also when we went to BC that summer, he wouldn't nurse well anywhere he was just too curious, so while driving (with all seat belts on, me sitting on my knee) I would lean over him and nurse. Not super comfy but at least he was 5 min or less:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC