3 in a protege

flutie128

I need to fit DS, DD, and my cousin in the backseat of my 2003 Mazda protege. DS is 46# and 44" tall, DD is between 18-20# and I don't know how tall but wearing 18 months clothing, and my cousin is 11 and a few inches short than me (I'm 5'9"). I have a touriva, comfort sport, nautilus, turbo booster, and a true fit. Do you think I can fit the 3 back there. If not my cousin can ride in the front but I would prefer the back.

ADS

Maedze

I think you should be able to do the baby rearfacing center in the Touriva/Comfortsport, DS outboard in the Turbobooster and cousin outboard on the other side.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
We have a 2000 Protege, so not sure if its the same as yours, but I have fit 3 across many many times in ours, including two rf Britax seats and a booster.

flutie128

Cool, thanks for the info. I only have the turbo, nautilus, and true fit at our new house but I will just pick up the touriva from my ils tonight. The only problem is DS will want to stay in the turbo full time if I left him ride in it tomorrow. Can I latch the touriva in or should I use a seat belt.

Maedze

Mazda protege allows center LATCh installation only if the CRS manufacturer allows a non-standard installation. Dorel allows center LATCH with non-standard spacing if the venicle manufacturer allows it...so yes, you can use LATCH in the center.

Last edited:

flutie128

He rides in a turbo in DH's car, grandma's car, the babysitter's car , and anyone else's car he might ride in. He rides in the nautilus in mine because we drive close to 100 miles total for me to get to work 2 or 3 days a week. He will be 5 in 2 months but I don't really want him to think that he can ride in a booster in my car because he already complains about the harness all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC