What would you suggest?

Caseylaine

For my BIL and SIL. :rolleyes:

Now, here is their brief history with car seats. They FF'ed their first at 5 months, and 2nd at 7 months. Even though they knew it was a no no. They told me (childless at the time) that it was just easier for them. :mad:

Anywho, after I had my DS I got into car seat safety etc. and convinced them to take their kids and seats to a seat clinic, because I knew they had multiple big no-no's and no matter how many times I tried to fix them... sigh..

Anyways, they got the big talk on how they had to tighten their straps, not have them twisted into ropes, etc. My BIL got mad at me for all this saying that they believed God would take their kids whenever and it didn't matter what they did... :thumbsdown: Anyways my SIL got defensive and then trying to look better asked me what seat to buy their 4 year old at the time. I told her to get him a SK Radian, which they did. Only months later did I find out that they didn't know how to install it in their car or how to tighten the straps... sigh

So they recently moved the oldest to a booster (he's 6 now) and have their 4 year old in the 5pt's... however... DH noticed last time that the 5pts still weren't installed correctly, and the straps were twisted on both 5pt and on the boosters shoulder belt. He re-installed the 5pt to the best of his ability and untwisted the booster shoulder belt, but said his brother was talking about moving the little girl to a booster.

SO, what do you think. Would she be safer in a booster very likely with twisted shoulder belt, or in a VERY improperly installed 5pt, which is not tightened up... I would say that there is generally at least a hands width between twisted straps and child. Like they can bend over in half.

I've offered to check their seats numerous times, under the guise of building up the # of checks that I need to do... but of course I've meddled enough and they are not open to another seat clinic, or me checking their seats at their house..

But I can definitely say "You should get your DD a booster." and they will...

What would you do?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC