Which seat would you use on a plane?

Which seat to FF on plane?

• Britax Boulevard

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Graco Nautilus

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

ravekiss

I'm just wondering here but just in the event I need to travel by plane anywhere, which seat would be best to use for DS. He'll be over 2 and FF.
I know its a personal preference but which would you use?

ADS

Maedze

I have both. Neither. LOL

They are both heavy, bulky seats and I'd rather not deal. In your shoes, I'd probably buy a cheapy cosco highback just for the trip.

But then again, I'm extremely lazy, so take it with a grain of salt :thumbsup:

Mommypooh

I would say BV because with the shape of the seat it is more comfotable to sit next to in tight spaces and a plane is a tight space. I have had to sit next to a GN and a BV and will chose to sit next to the BV anyday.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm in agreement with the neither, but if I had to choose I'd say Nautilus. My reason for that is that it's lower profile than the BLVD, and will sit further back on the plane seat, so his feet won't reach the seat in front of him as easily. In the BLVD I could see him fitting similarly to the way my ds did in the EFTA and he kicked the poor person in front of him and kept putting the tray down with his feet. Had he been in a radian, his feet wouldn't have reached that far, and I think the Nautilus is going to stick out less far than the BLVD so would give an advantage in that department... It also has a cup holder right there for him which makes things easier on the plane.

But if a lighter & narrower seat is an option, it's what I'd do.

Morganthe

Neither, but if required, pick Nautilus for abovementioned reasons. I wouldn't go for a based seat. Pitch depth is bad enough on aircraft, don't make it worse.

However, after the last 6 months with about 10 or so flights, 6 airports, + umpteen rental cars, I'll happily drag along a Radian 65 hooked into a Target luggage cart. DD was most comfortable on the airplanes in it.

Oh, the most recent, she had the head cushion & padding set from the Princess set. Made it easiest for her to fall asleep. I doubt I'd take anything else, since several of the seats were very narrow, everything else would have encroached onto my meager side. (sigh)

She's 5 1/2 & 100 percentile for height now, still fits with some room left over.. so I've gotten my money's worth as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Ummm, yes, it's heavy (22lbs), but I never felt as if it would break just because I was wheeling it from place to place, stuffing it into the dang x-ray machines, piling stuff & putting dd into it. Other seats seem so.... frail :whistle: in comparison.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Neither, but if I had to choose, the Nauti-- because of the problems uninstalling the Britax seats from the plane. I hear even when the latch plate is flipped, it can be a royal pain. I'd hope for an easier uninstall with the Nauti.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC