Let’s Play “Stump The CPS Geeks”! - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Let’s Play “Stump The CPS Geeks”! - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Okay, here’s the deal - I’ll PayPal $5 to the first person who can correctly tell me what this thing is and what purpose it serves.  For the record, I have never seen this before and I have no clue what it is.  And unfortunately, the one person at Volvo who probably knows for sure is out of the [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

ADS

Pixels

Re: Let’s Play “Stump The CPS Geeks”! - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

I've done enough serial posting on the blog, so I'm adding here, where at least I can edit my posts. :p

Looking more closely at the pictures, it looks like they put it over both the lap and shoulder belt, like a locking clip. That is not how it's supposed to go on. It should be clamped (semi-permanently) on the lap belt only, and then the shoulder belt gets hooked under the hook. If it's still on there, and you can't get it off, I'd treat it like a locking clip and make sure that it's as close to the latchplate as possible to minimize potential problems. Though with a locking latchplate it shouldn't interfere too much with the carseat.

tjham

Re: Let’s Play “Stump The CPS Geeks”! - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

I used one of these for years (and thought it was so cool :rolleyes: ) until I learned from here that most seat belt adjusters pull up the lap belt and that is not safe! You can pop it open with a flat head screwdriver.

Shaunam

I have one of those (don't hurt me! :eek: ) and it's adjusts the shoulder belt down. Yeah I know it's not "safe" but neither is the shoulder belt going across my jaw. I'd never use it for one of my kids, but I will for myself. Maybe one day I'll own a car that actually FITS me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC