What are your favorite seats?....

emandbri

It doesn't have to be one you own.

My favorite infant seat is the chicco keyfit 30.

Convertible I'd have to still say the marathon even though Elizabeth didn't have enough leg room. ;)

Combo hands down the nautilus. I carpooled yesterday with a friend who had one for her son and I just LOVE it SOOOOOO much! I have no need for one since Benjamin won't have that much more room in it compared to the radian but I'm totally getting one when it comes in brown. :D

Booster I'd say the monterey. This might change after I see the oobr in person.

ADS

firemomof3

Well, I can only speak for my kids:
For ages 10mo.-2y/o rf my favorite seat was the Signo
2y/o-35lbs. my fav is the True Fit
So far my favorite seat ff is the Regent

NannyMom

I love the Marathon. That's my fav of all the seats I've had. I love the Vivo because of the big wings :D But if I had the Monerey, I might like that more....don't know. I also love the Nautilus as a harnessed seat. Not so much if it's a booster you're using w/o LATCH.

ravekiss

Infant: Chicco Keyfit30
Convertible: Britax Boulevard
Combo: Graco Nautilus
Booster: Cant say..no experience there.

mommy-medic

Infant- SS1
Convertible- Marathon (why can't every car seat maker put the rigid bar and the two independant latch hooks in there? That makes it SOOOOO easy!)
FFing harnessed- Regent
Booster- N/A

Kat_Momof3

my favorite infant seat... Graco Snugride with front adjuster... great seat, decent price ranges, and it's a tried and true pick.

My favorite convertible (not the combi coccoro that has my ovaries aching... it's just not going to be the best general recommendation) is the Evenflo Triumph Advance tied with the First Years Truefit. They both fit small babies just as well as big kids... they're nicely priced affordable seats that have a long range of use and make the discussion of ERF and/or EH really easy to sell... people on a budget who don't care about the baby bucket or who can get one free through a local organization can get one really good seat that will last them the bulk or all of their harnessing years and then the kid can go to a dedicated booster.... Parents don't want to have to buy a huge amount of seats.

Combination seat/FF only seat - the Nautilus... I love this seat so much it hurts. Seriously... HURTS... I ache for it. I love it's buttery smooth harness adjuster, the super easy installation whether I'm using seatbelt or latch, and I love the buckle, the covers that wash so easily, and how well it does all 3 jobs of ff, booster, and backless booster.

When Ruthie outgrows it, I'm going to miss it. It's an internal struggle right now for me to think of when she outgrows the harness, knowing I prefer the Monterey for her in a booster, because I just love the Nautilus and can't imagine not having it.

Highback Booster - Monterey... it is so tall, so deep, so nice and roomy for my big booster kids. There's just nothing else on the market like it (until the Chicco Strada comes out)

Backless booster - Clek Olli... how I love thee, let me count the ways.... seriously, this seat is the best. Nothing is easier for anyone, kid or adult, to buckle up in terms of boosters than a clek... and the olli is awesome because it attaches with latch, has the easy strap in front, and with strap-thingy, you don't have to have two or more, because you can just take it in and out of the house as needed.

munchkin

Infant bucket: Keyfit 30. It is good looking and easy to install. I am not a big fan of infant seats, so I will probably have a Radian or TrueFit for an infant.

Convertible: Marathon. Not much to say about it. It is almost the perfect seat. Super easy install (I agree with the LATCh bar and separate straps), wonderful cover choices, fits lots of different sizes.

Combo/FF: Frontier. I can't wait until E is FF, so I can get him one. I love the install. The higher limits, the tall booster. Just the overall solidness of the seat.

If I has to pick one I would probably go with the Frontier (obviously for FF kiddos only).

cmm7

I don't have a ton of experience with infant seats, but I do love the SS1 for what I have seen.

The MA is my favorite convertible seat ever. I always find myself comparing others to it.

For combo seats, I really have to say I love the CarGo (harnessed, not booster though it came in handy as one when S was too tall for the TB or a backless since there are no headrests but didn't pass the 5-step test. The CarGo lasted the month and a half that it took to grow enough for a seatbelt.). I don't know what it is about it. I wish it had a higher weight limit, though.

I don't have experience with a ton of boosters, either. The Parkway is the best I ever worked with. I have never seen a Vivo or Monterey, though.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Infant seat, my Combi Tyro.
Convertible, True Fit.
FF only, the Regent.
No experience with boosters, but if I had a booster-aged child I'd be seriously tempted by the Start. I'd probably end up with a Monterey though.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I've only ever used Graco infant seats (snugride and safeseat) and I preferred the snugride.

I love the Marathon for ease of installation. I love the XT when it's installed, I just hate having to install it.

The seat I have loved the most (and still do) is the Nautilus. Love that thing. It's perfect for my skinny kid and so easy to use.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I love the nauti...love....

i also really love the AOE..the old one as essentially a 35 lb bucket, to be used Rfing only...the new one as an awesome hwh conv seat to get most kids to booster age....

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love most of my seats. I love them all in different ways, though.

I love my SafeGuards for the lovely install, easy adjustment, and cool tightening mechanism, as well as the fact that they made the instructions into a video and made the storage spot for it accessable FROM THE FRONT of the seat!

I love my Radians for their narrowness, their tallness, their low profile, the satisfaction I get when I have wrestled them into a car they are difficult to install in, their good performance without tethers in a lap-belt only install (like my dad's car has.)

I love my RSTV because it fits in between 2 other seats in my mom's Sentra or just about any other car with 3 rear seating positions, because my daughter loves it, and because my daughter (who has SPD) is calmer, less grumpy, more focused and better behaved while wearing it (in the house or the car.)

I love other things about my other seats. And there are seats that I love and don't own (yet...) Like the TF Premiere. And there are ones I love the looks of but don't really want to own, like the Keyfit in Miro, or that funky BabyTrend that was posted in the Deals section a while back. (Alas! Both an infant seat and Wal-Mart only...) I think I could love the Nauti if I had more experience with it.

Basically, I love most well-designed and/or well-executed seats. I just love carseats. ;)

arly1983

As I tried more seats, I stopped being able to choose favorites. They all had their advantages and disadvantages. For certain times of my kid's carseat life I have had favorites.

For J, my first love was the Roundabout. Seriously fit that chunky long 2.5 month old so well. For right now, we both love the Frontier.

For C, the SS1 was just an awesome fit and so nice. SHe is probably one of the few kids who outgrew it weight before height. Then when she was such a chunky monkey, the Radian was great RFing for loading and unloading. When she had to go FFing, I tried nearly every seat looking for more SIP but in the end, the radian was and still is the best fit for her and allows her to sleep with no head slump at all.

For S, I don't think I have found my favorite seat and he seems to hate them all. The roundabout (my first love) didn't fit him well at all. Bummer.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Infant-Key Fit
Small Convertible-Roundabout
Large Convertible-Radian
Combo-Frontier
Little Kid Booster-Parkway
Big Kid Booster-Frontier
Little Kid Backless-Polo
Big Kid Backless-Dakota
Travel-RideSafer Travel Vest

Is that too many faves? Or not enough? It's only out of seats I've owned or own, I'm sure I'd love a good True Fit or Monterey, lol.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My fav infant seat is the SS1
Convertible is a tough one, LOVE the RA but the MA is more practical. So sad mine expires in 6mos
Combo hmmm GN ...although we own the FR, gave away the GN lol honestly I would love a PW w/ a harness :D
HHB Booster, Monteray
LLB Dakota....I'm sure even though we've never used it:whistle:

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My favorite infant seat is the SS1. I could write an ode to the lockoff on the base.

My favorite convertible is the Boulevard. I have no rational reason to like this seat better than the Marathon, but I do.

melniemi

I love the Keyfit and Marathon. I liked the Regent, but it won't fit in my car anymore.

Haven't found a booster I love yet. The parkway is fine, especially with the marathon between because there is no tipping and with stools, it eliminates the slouching. But I'll likely get a clek next - either olli for my oldest or oobr for my dd1 - depends on when she outgrows the marathon or baby outgrows the keyfit. If she is still fairly young, likely a Frontier. And who knows what else will be out by then:whistle:

skipspin

Somewhat guessing:
Infant seat: Keyfit
Convertible: Rounabout and Radian (esp love the RN FFing)
Combo: no clue, since I haven't used one really.
Booster: Parkway (I think I'd like the Monterey too)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC