Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar

Have you seen this seat belt video?

I found it on Youtube. It shows the importance of making EVERYONE buckle up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZNO...elated&search=
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Yeah, I have seen that video. I sent that in an email to everyone along with the rear-facing video. I always wonder how they make such videos?? It looks soooo real!
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar
    I wondered the same exact thing - how can they make it look so real?! I sent it to my SIL, who is 19, living (and partying) in a dorm, and I know she rides with all kinds of other crazy college kids. It scares me to think about who she would get in the car with, and I'm sure they never wear their seat belts!
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)

Ohhhhh, One of the British safety ads! That brought back some memories. We watched other warning infomercials on Channel Five (UK tv channel) when we could pick it up via satellite in Germany. When it went digital, we lost the signal The British have no sense of subtility in their Driver's ed commercials and they really make you think! I remember one which had a car driving through a village who hit a youth or child on a zebra crossing (crosswalk). Intense, up close, scary, and made you think about the responsibilities of slowing down.

The other one I recollect was a mother in the front seat of her car. She was talking with her unbelted son in the back seat while the car was stopped at a light or something. They got rear ended, he smacked into the back of her head pushing her into the steering wheel or the dash, I can't remember which.... then he shook his head to clear his senses and asked how she was. She didn't answer. Either unconcious or dead, can't remember. It has been over 5 years. Details are fuzzy, but it's very unusual that I remember a safety advertisement at all. There were others and they all made us stop what we were doing and just stare in horrifying amazement.

The British safety ad campaigns are like being right there in that situation. VERY shocking! I just cannot see how they would ever be tolerated over here with our milder sensibilities, especially "With CHILDREN!" present We can handle fake blood and guts, but warnings of real-life dangers are completely soft pedaled or exagerated into faddish paranoia to be followed for a short period of time, then forgotten about.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick