Have you seen this seat belt video?

ADS

lovinwaves

Yeah, I have seen that video. I sent that in an email to everyone along with the rear-facing video. I always wonder how they make such videos?? It looks soooo real!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I wondered the same exact thing - how can they make it look so real?! I sent it to my SIL, who is 19, living (and partying) in a dorm, and I know she rides with all kinds of other crazy college kids. It scares me to think about who she would get in the car with, and I'm sure they never wear their seat belts!

Morganthe

Ohhhhh, One of the British safety ads! That brought back some memories. We watched other warning infomercials on Channel Five (UK tv channel) when we could pick it up via satellite in Germany. When it went digital, we lost the signal :( The British have no sense of subtility in their Driver's ed commercials and they really make you think! I remember one which had a car driving through a village who hit a youth or child on a zebra crossing (crosswalk). Intense, up close, scary, and made you think about the responsibilities of slowing down.

The other one I recollect was a mother in the front seat of her car. She was talking with her unbelted son in the back seat while the car was stopped at a light or something. They got rear ended, he smacked into the back of her head pushing her into the steering wheel or the dash, I can't remember which.... then he shook his head to clear his senses and asked how she was. She didn't answer. Either unconcious or dead, can't remember. It has been over 5 years. Details are fuzzy, but it's very unusual that I remember a safety advertisement at all. There were others and they all made us stop what we were doing and just stare in horrifying amazement.

The British safety ad campaigns are like being right there in that situation. VERY shocking! I just cannot see how they would ever be tolerated over here with our milder sensibilities, especially "With CHILDREN!" present :eek: We can handle fake blood and guts, but warnings of real-life dangers are completely soft pedaled or exagerated into faddish paranoia to be followed for a short period of time, then forgotten about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC