Jennifer(thepeach)

LuvBug

What year was your taurus? I figure its was a newer year because you had latch. My sister has one and I think it is a 04. Anyway what all seats did you try and get a good fit with? She is expecting her 2nd and she agreed to get a safeseat for this baby and the ones she has planned for the next few years. Once the baby is out of the safeseat she is going to put it in her DD's marathon and get her DD a regent. I know the marathon and regent fit(also a scenera and laptop-which works beautifully in her car and I wish they were not discontinued), but was wondering about other seats that fit well in a 2-3 across.
I found the photos of the safeseat in your car. How did it fit befind the front seats? What configurations did you do with 3? She is hoping to get a minivan soon but until then whenever we stay over Id like us to still be able to use just one car. It will be a safeseat, marathon, and probably my laptop. Im thinking if they will fit next to eachother Ill put the safeseat outboard and the marathon in the middle since her DD is now FF(she turned out to grow like DS but had to be turned earlier than 29 months-which is when I had to turn him- and already needs the top slots at 29.5 months). Then when we go over put the marathon outboard and DS in the middle since then he will have the least protection, given they all fit across the back.
Anyway... What seats and what configurations had you used in your car that worked well?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have pics up of 3 across using the AO (rfing), Radian (ffing), and Safeseat. That worked out o.k. I never had a problem w/ any seat in the car and you can use LATCH in any position which was nice, you just use 2 hooks on one LATCH bar. Oh, mine was an 01. The Safeseat fit fine behind the seats, even the driver's side which had to be all the way back for DH. If you want the handle down though, you have to do it before you put the seat on the base. We've had a Snugride in there, a Scenera, an AO, a Radian, a Safeseat, and a Chase, no Britax seats in the Taurus. Both LATCH and seatbelt. There are l/s belts all the way across too which is nice (our middle one was broken though, thank goodness for LATCH in the middle).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC