Fun with carseats!

Shaunam

Because only people here would understand my excitement....

DD's nurse has been helping her niece with her two little boys because her new baby is a lot to handle (inpatient for FTT among other things). I knew she had a car seat for one, who is 5, but nothing for the other, who is 7. Now the 7 year old can legally be out of a seat, but I told her at the very least he should be in a low-back booster. Well she's only had them a few of times and she never got the booster. And the other day she was complaining that the car seat is a pain in the butt, wouldn't tighten, ect. I told her I was selling DS's evenflo visions because he reached 40 lbs.

Today I guess she got fed up with the seat because she handed me $20 and asked for the car seat. LOL I showed her how to install it w/LATCH (the other seat was in with the seatbelt, not locked, and no tether :eek: ) and then I took the car seat she had and cleaned it up for her. It's an evenflo generations, I think, with 3 1/2 years of life still left to it, but it was NASTY. Food caked *everywhere*. Straps twisted, harness adjuster strap twisted 3 times. I even found a matchbox car in a little crevice. LOL I had to take it all apart and wipe down the straps. I couldn't get the cover off because of the armrests (anyone know how to remove them?) but I scrubbed the cover with a microfiber towel and it got pretty clean.

So now she has 2 good, working car seats! Oh I should also mention her nephews are tiny. I've only met the 7 year old, but he's about the size of Adrian. She said the 5 year old is much smaller than the 7 year old. So they should be able to use the seats for a while.

Now which one makes a better booster? I'm not fond of either seat as a booster, but if you had to pick, which would fit a kid better? Or would a low-back booster be a better fit? I might be able to convince her to pick up one still. I told her if he's under 40 lbs, he could just use the harness. He was really skinny, but you never know.

Ooh, and pics:

Before

0428091108a.jpg

After

0428091143a.jpg

ADS

zeo2ski

WHOA that cleaned up nice! Great job!!! That was awful nice of you:)

And nice snappi...we have em all over too:eek:

Maedze

Snappis are evil and of the devil. They tore the heck out of my thumbs. After bleeding all over my newborn a few times, I got rid of the snappis and just laid the prefold in the cover.

And nice clean up job!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Honestly, if the 7 year old is at least 40 pounds, I'd rather see him in a backless Turbo or something rather than an Evenflo combo as a booster.

Shaunam

Snappis are evil and of the devil. They tore the heck out of my thumbs. After bleeding all over my newborn a few times, I got rid of the snappis and just laid the prefold in the cover.

And nice clean up job!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Honestly, if the 7 year old is at least 40 pounds, I'd rather see him in a backless Turbo or something rather than an Evenflo combo as a booster.

Yes, I remember your duel with the snappi vividly (unless I remembering someone else's duel?). :p I've never had an issue though and honestly I prefer pins but I can't keep track of the dang things to save my life, so snappis it is (and no tri-folding due to the explosive poo that she will forever have because of her all-formula diet :thumbsdown:).

Yes, I was thinking a low-back would probably be best too.

Blondie87

I loved my Generations! That's EXACTLY what mine looked like! Just in better condition... lol. It was the first car seats I actually owned. They were given to me though... so that wasn't good. Maybe now that I have better seats I wouldn't like them as much. But my 3 year old niece and 5 year old nephew are in them now. My nephew is now in booster mode. I think it makes an okay booster, not like the 3 in 1's or anything.

Awww, that was very nice of you! :) And good job!(rep for you).

HA! I miss my snappi's and cloth diapering days.

I would use the generations as a booster over a low back. I think it makes a decent booster. The chase and 3-in-1's not so much.

Kat_Momof3

just how the generations booster fits will depend on the vehicle and child.

I have found it makes a great booster in the vehicles I've tried, but carseatblog did a post showing it as a booster where the fit wasn't good.

So you just don't know until you try.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC