Anyone have any experience with the KidCo Lifestyle Twin Stroller?

abacus2

This stroller is on sale at Albee baby for $140. It's an umbrella style double stoller with a weight limit of 50lbs per seat that also reclines for newborns. It looks like a great deal but I'm neverous to order a stroller without knowing how it steers. Has anyone ever had a chance to try one of these out?

ADS

lovinwaves

I have never heard of that stroller before, but what you could do is post a question about it on StrollerSwap (Yahoo Group). I'm sure someone on there has had some experience with it. Or, if you aren't a member I could post a quick question for you and let you know what they say. I am kind of curious myself :)

abacus2

I tried to join stroller swap but never heard back with permission. If you could post there for me I'd appreiciate it.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I was unimpressed with my 2003 KidCo twin, but I don't remember what the exact issue was now. I got it for a very specific purpose (my oldest had a broken leg, and I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest, so I needed a twin that was good over 40 lb per seat), and I got rid of it as soon as I didn't need it any more.

abacus2

Thanks for the input, I searched for opinion blurbs, but hadn't found any. Ulrike, please let me know if you think of what the issue was that you disliked.

lovinwaves

Hey Liz,
I haven't heard anything about your KidCo on StrollerSwap yet. I am checking it several times a day though for ya!

I did however get an email from a member here on the car-seat.org forum that is a StrollerSwap member. She hasn't been on this car seat forum in a long time though so she didn't see your post, but she did see my post asking about your KidCo. This is what she emailed to me:

I haven't tried one out Melissa, but I've been tempted. Kidco
used to distribute Maclaren's way back in the day and when Maclaren went their own way here in the US, Kidco started with their own spin-off brand.

You know I got to looking at your kids ages. Have you ever thought about a joovy, E3, or P3. I have heard that SBS's can be a problem if your children are different weights.

I just got my used P3 in the mail and DD 2.5yrs old loves to ride on the back of it. It is a breeze to push, and DS loves the front seat.

abacus2

Thanks, Melissa. I've been mulling over and over what stroller will be best for my girls. I keep coming back to the Sit-N-Stand they sell at Target. I need to try it out with the girls in it. My almost 3 year old is a big girl; I found this forum because I was trying to decide what to do about car seats since she was 38lbs in September. She's also tall with a long torso (even with the next to top slots of her new Decathlon). She really liked the standing platform on the Fisher Price Stand N Ride and is probably getting too tall and too heavy to be ride comfortably in a regular stroller seat. The main reservation I had about the Stand N Ride type strollers is that the older child can't ride sitting until the younger child can sit up. But since younger dd is already 3 months old today and I'll probably actually get my double stroller with Christmas money, I guess I don't need to worry to much about that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC