what are the top slots of the 50# alpha omega?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ is just even w/ them pretty much, his torso is about 16.5" if I had to guess. He uses the top slot in the GN and has about 1.5" left, maybe a little less.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'd actually say about 17.5...dd has about as much room in the AOE as she does the frontier, oddly. I've got pics around here somewhere.....

firemomof3

I measured about 17.5" for the top slot. But there is one catch; when the harness is at the top slot it is narrow and can be uncomfortable for some kids. My 5.5y/o still fit in the new AOE but complained that the harness was squeezing her neck. I tried to get a picture that shows this:

AOE003-1.jpg

nevaehsmommy

it is tall we have the old AOE, and her head is above the hell and on head wing post. 2. On the new one her head is below the shell no head wing needed.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
These pics were taken about 3 months ago, i have included a pic taken of the EFTA for reference, as you can see, my dd actually has MORE room in the AOE than in the EFTA... I found the slots to be REALLY high. i aklso included a pic of the nauti, taken same day...although as a disclaimer,it shows dd as being just over the second to top slots,but IRL,she is just UNDER them, but the BRU store nauti still had the infant insert in it, which makes her seem a tad taller than she really is (and I wasn't dismantling the seat to taske it out, lol).

Peach....WTH?? Is it possible the walmart AOE you are showing him in is maybe not as tall as the BRU AOE that Kate is in? I can't make sense of the pics......I KNOW that my dd has tons of room in the AOE.....more than the EFTA, equal to the truefit and Frontier installed with recline foot. Only her nauti has more room ( well, and I'm sure a regent or safeguard would, lol, but we dont have any)

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Gotta love the never ending strap height mystery, lol. Here's him in the EFTA, same day. Sorry the pics are so big.
Kearney09005.jpg

Kearney09006.jpg

Maybe his torso is just longer than I think it is, lol. I'll have to try and see if I can find my tape measure later when he gets home from school. He was still pretty much the same in both.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think you must be right..he is maxxing out BOTH the efta and the aoe, and the efta has long been acknowledged to have about 17.5 inch top slots...which makes me think his torso is just bigger than you think, lol..
Which..actually DOES correspond to what I found..the fact that both of our kids fit similarly in the efta and aoe...except in both the seats, MY dd had about an inch and a half left, which makes sense because her torso is right at 16, and in both, AJ was pretty much maxxing them out.....so it would make perfect sense if AJ's torso were just bigger than you think..lol...

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I never know how big they are, lol. I know our van knocks off some height when the seats are installed sometimes so I guess I always assume it's that, oops. I know he has gotten bigger lately, again, all torso, ugh. I'm hoping he can make it to a year from now in the GN harness! My plan was to move him to Ilana's spot when she had to go ffing, but I'm thinking he's going to outgrow the harness before she hits 33#! :) That 4th child has just thrown everything off, silly girl!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC