Question New RF dilemma, WWYD?

kidrepair

O.K. so now that my oldest DD has outgrown the PW, I need to decide where to put everyone, we have a 92, Grand Caravan with two captains chairs with headrests and a rear bench without headrests. We have had a rf MA behind driver, and GN and PW, rear bench. Now I have to move DD1 to middle chair for headrest in a backless Turbo so if I leave my DD3 rf behind driver and DD1 behind passenger then we have no extra seats for friends ad we would not have another seat available for headrest. I have now put DD3 in rear bench rf MA and put DD1 in NBTurbo behnd driver. My dilemma is I am very worried about projectiles from the back hitting DD3 in the event of an accident, esp. without headrests to maybe block a little bit, so do I FF her in the MA? or is this not really a concern? Sorry so long, my DH thinks I'm crazy for even worrying about it....Sorry about typos, I'm getting my kiddos ready for bed....

ADS

NannyMom

I was thinking about RF seats in the 3rd rows recently. I didn't do any research or even ask opinions :eek: But the conclusion I came to is.... if the child was RF in a car (especially a small car) they'd be in about the same situation, right? And not all cars have a headrest in the center seat, or nay headrests at all. But I'd be fine putting a child RF there. Just my own thoughts.

But I'm interested to see what others say as well.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
well..of course the answer is that there shouldn't BE any unrestrained projectiles in your car...:whistle: ;)

i know you can get like a cargo net type thing...maybe something like this?
http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo.aspx?partnum=HIBARNET

Would you feel more secure that way?
There is always going to be some risk, of course, just being in a vehicle....
I think RFing in the 3rd row is still a very safe choice.

NannyMom

Sorry. I was hinking projectiles coming in the window from outside. I guess I misunderstood.

kidrepair

Sorry I guess I was a little vague, I did mean projectiles from behind the seat, we normally keep a double jogger back there and I know it's heavy so it might not move much but I know it could happen. I guess that story about the women who was killed by her laptop in the back of the head kind of freaks me out..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would get some nice strong tie-downs, and if you don't already have cargo anchors, see if you can get some put in. Then get in the habit of securing the stroller, etc. every time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC