So if you had 6-8K to spend on a car...

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We just got a 2000 Grand Prix and paid $4,500. I don't know what combinations of seats I could get in there, but I could probably fit 3 across. I really like the car. Another one I really like is the Chevy Impala. And you can definitely do 3 across in an Impala.

Morganthe

When I arrived here in TX, I rented an Impala for a week. Then when I visited my parents up in Seattle, I rented one for 2 weeks. So after three weeks of constant driving, I kind of liked the Impala. (Hubby navigates, but I can't stand his driving!) It had a larger rear seat than the same classed rental of the Sable/Taurus. Trunk was good sized too.
Large interior -- DH and I could sit with the front seats all the way back as normal at the same time my parents were seated in the rear on each side of the center carseat with Rowen. Her seat frame is about 17-18 inches wide. They said they were comfortable for the couple of hours we drove around one day and both my parents are 5'10. Even with all this interior room, it was easier to park than a lot of large cars I've driven.

I was impressed with the niceness of the car on both occasions. I usually don't care for US car designs. Too small or too vast. The only thing I dislike was that on both cars, there was a definite hesitancy to start off or accelerate. Most of the time, I had to 'punch it' hard to get going. I could see fitting 3 car seats in the rear. I think that it was a rear wheel drive and that could be the reason for the constant pause. It's a heavy car, but we got pretty good gas mileage for in-town & hwy with 4 adults & child. :) I have no idea what reliability & safety ratings are on it though.
hth,
good luck :)

chelle80

Another vote for an Impala!!!

I have a 2002 chevy impala and i absolutley LOVE it. I am able to get 3 seats across(a graco SS1, a graco cargo harnessed booster, and a graco turbobooster) with the seats in all different positions(outboard and middle). Right now i have the cargo on passenger outboard, turbo in middle, and SS1 on drivers outboard. I usually change their position about once a week.
I also get about 20-25 miles to a gallon , so pretty good gas mileage too. Oh, yeah, my impala also has a full front seat(the armrest can fold up or down), so another adult can ride too, i have had my hubby, me, my mom in front and all 3 kids in back and we all rode comfortably!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC